Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thank you my wise friends!

I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to all of my friends out there who have commented and emailed about my previous post. And thank you Michelle, I think you said it best in your comment ... "Just keep moving - there will time to fall apart when everything's over."

As far as quitting, let me clarify, I'm not really quitting on anything, especially my kids. I think you all know me better than that! We've just simply cancelled any appointment that is not absolutely necessary. Therapy will still be there in the fall, I'm not too worried about that, Chelsea's a super star, she'll keep up for sure! Some good news? On my external hard drive I managed to successfully back up chemo pictures for rounds 1-5 last month!!! The bummer of it though is I didn't get round 6 backed up (I'm still new at it). Round 6 had some great stuff too, end of chemo party, her last bag of chemo EVER! Don't worry I'm planning on going to great lengths to recover it! Wish me luck, and of course if you know a computer expert in NE Kansas (who works for free or cheap) PLEASE let me know!

And now a little more cuteness from Logan (if you can stand it.) Logan on his career choice this morning: "Mommy, can I be God when I grow up?"

5 comments:

Leah Spring said...

Are any of the pics you lost ones that you have posted on your blog? If so, you can download them from your blog!

Ballerina Girl said...

Did you lose any of Chelseas first bath of that motercylce fundraiser. Because you could downlode those off of youtube. Also Logan is Just SSOOO Cute. Has anyone contacted you about the party? Julia

My Three Sons said...

Carey,

I haven't checked in for a while since I have been so busy. I'm sorry to see that you have been overwhelmed. Everyone that follows your blogs knows what a wonderful mom you are and it's okay to not stay strong all of the time. Lord knows I have my moments. Hopefully after taking this much needed and deserved break, you will come back and keep us updated with your families journey.

Take care,

Kaci

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO I finally found you guys. I can't believe it took me this long. I'm right there with you sister. I've been thinking about quitting the last few weeks too. Thats part of why I haven't been computering lately. I'm burned out on anything cancer related and tired of being tired. I love all the friends we have made here, but any oncology parent will tell you that no matter how much we love our friends there is only so much we can take. There are only so many kids we can take into our lives and love and watch go through this torture we call treatment. It breaks my heart and my will everytime I hear about another new patient. It never ends and seems like our battle won't either. But it will. I'm finally starting to see sunlight again. There are good days, I just have to make them happen instead of wallowing in crankiness and self pity. You are a great mom and you will get through this just like you have survived all your other obstacles. Keep fighting. Can't wait to see you again. Give that pretty little girl of yours a big hug and kiss from Aspen and me. Aspen's Momma, Amanda
Oh yeah. We will be delivering all the new stuff on Aug 5th if you want to come down and help. We would love to see you there.

All 4 My Gals said...

Hey honey, I hope you can recover your pictures. I'm sure someone can get them off your hard drive. It just sucks huh?

As far as quitting....you SHOULD quit every once in awhile. We all need a break.
LOVE to you and your family, Nicole