Mom's got it. Not exactly croup, but the sore throat and the cough now. In fact at one point yesterday, Logan was doing something he wasn't supposed to and I tried to holler at him, "Logan, no, stop it." But all I got out was a crackly, "Logan." He looked at me and I knew he won, I couldn't get anymore out. It hurt to talk. My neck and shoulders have even been sore. The kids love it. The only time they get in trouble is if I can physically get to them and catch them in the act. Today is better, I have been preserving my voice, and I can feel it coming back. I'm not coughing as much either, so hopefully yesterday was the worst of it.
Chelsea, well Chelsea is just being Chelsea. I called Ryan at work and told him I guess we're stuck with this crabby little girl. She's getting really good at whining and crying, well, most of the day. Finally I got a good look inside that little mouth of hers while she was crying, and I couldn't believe my eyes. She's cutting teeth! Hip hip hooray! Finally, something normal, not such a big deal, something I don't need to call the doctor about! I guess it could explain the crankiness, the not eating so good and maybe even some of the fevers. Whew! For a long time I've sworn she's already cut all of her teeth. You see Chelsea has all of her teeth even her 2 year molars, except for the two eye teeth in the front top. I had actually already decided she just wasn't going to have those teeth. It wouldn't be too strange b/c Ryan doesn't have those teeth and it runs in his family. Her mouth is small, so I had just accepted she would be missing those teeth. But oh was I wrong! Those little eye teeth are coming in now, better late than never! She also had another death defying choking incident tonight. She was eating chips again (she loves chips and salsa). She choked and choked and turned colors. We were eating at a restaurant and the waitress got really nervous and asked if we were okay. Well, we're all standing up in position to perform the heimlich on our two year old, no we're not really alright, but thanks for asking. No more chips for Chelsea!
Ryan, well he had his appointment and the doctor said he got all of the cancer! His neck is healing well and they took the stitches out today. Then if it's not one thing it's another. We're finally putting together some of the things Logan has been saying lately. I've heard him say that something looks blurry a few times and I thought, huh, that's weird. Then tonight he said, I have a headache. I looked at Ryan and said, I want to ask the dr. about that when he has a physical b/c he's been having lots of headaches. Well, hello!!!??? I feel like an awful mom. As a teacher, I could always pick out the kiddos w/ eye problems, they had headaches and squinted a lot. Now here's my own kid basically telling me he can't see and it takes me this long to figure it out. I think it's bothering him more lately b/c he's really starting to read quite a bit. He will read signs, books, magazines, anything he can get his hands on. He sounded out the word 'Kansas' when he saw it on a sign. I was so proud! On a funnier note, the other day he was being super ornery and I looked at Ryan and said, he's a little s-h-i-t ... (I spelled the word, b/c he's also a parrot) ... next thing I know, I hear him in the back seat under his breathe going ... "sssss-hhhhhh-iiiiii-ttttt." I started cracking up. He didn't want us to hear that he was sounding out the word, and he also doesn't know when you put "sh" together it makes the "shhhh" sound. Fortunately he never figured it out. So back to my point, we need to get his eyes checked. I'm done neglecting my child.
Now, just for fun, I thought you might like to see my little darlings new do'! Apparently she did lose quite a bit of hair during the last couple of rounds of chemo, but we didn't realize it b/c her hair was so short. Now that it's all growing back in, there's huge patches where it's super short, then the stuff that didn't fall out again is a lot longer.
Here's a picture from yesterday. See the long pieces in the back at her neck? They were just kind of scraggly looking and needed to be fixed up.
I know these pictures are awful, but I just snapped them w/ my cheap-o camera that was low on batteries, so the flash wasn't working. You get the idea though right?! I'll take and post some better ones tomorrow.
And Logan wanted me to get a picture of him and his big muscles.
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
What a joy it is to read some regular ,normal,family stuff. You guys deserve that and more! Keep it coming Carey.
Me again,replying to your question. Not nosy at all,he's a television / film editor ... thus the loooong hours.Take care.
He he he the sounding out, too funny!!!
I have to stop and remember when I spell now that my 7 year old is quite good at it and I could be busted big time one day LOL.
What is it with boys & their muscles? He & Braden would get along well!
Chelsea's hair looks cute!
Chelsea's hair is coming in so beautifully!
Post a Comment