Friday, June 06, 2008

Crash

No, not Logan this time. Chelsea was the one to take the fall today. Down the stairs. oops! Fortunately her platelets are good and her counts are recovering at record speed. She had a little goose egg on her forehead but even that is fading already. I think Mommy and Grandma almost had a heart attack, but Chelsea, well she shed a few tears, hopped up and went running for the baby piano in the next room. I have a few small worry bugs lingering in my body just because she has Ds, and I know a lot of kids with Ds have issues with the vertabrae in their necks. I would imagine if she had any instability in her neck though she would not be able to walk, or she would have some other symptoms. For now though, she's back to being completely ornery, running around the house chasing her brother. Fortunately he's in time out right now and she's content playing with my watch, so I had a free moment to update you all!
Here she is , just now, and you can't even hardly see the bump. In person it's still there though.


And because I couldn't resist, here's a few pictures from last night.

Chelsea ate all of her dinner last night.


Logan didn't.



We had strawberry short cakes for dessert. Mmmmmm.

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Carey, you know Kennedy had no symptoms of AAI right?? Not to freak you out or anything, but we had NO clue with Kennedy so I just don't want you to think that no symptoms means she's ok. I would definitely get her x-rays done. Glad Chelsea's fall wasn't a bad one! That pic of her is adorable! :)

Michelle said...

Chelsea looks GREAT! I'm glad she handled her fall well (isn't that typically the case; it's harder on the parents when the kids take a tumble!?)