Wednesday, May 07, 2008

So Big!!!!

"SO BIG!!!" I can't believe it, but little Missy has gained 3 pounds since our last round!!!! THREE pounds! She loves to be weighed everyday, wish I could say the same. She eagerly hops onto the scale throws her arms up in the air to show us 'how big' she is, and waits for the beep. Here she is at her last clinic admit!


All packed up and ready to go! Little does she know where we're going ... to the hospital, for the last admit!!!!



And look who's here to snuggle with her. He worked all day and still made it in time for the start of chemo last night.



Here's her new picc line. It was looking pretty yucky so we cleaned it up in clinic and changed the dressing. This is the 'cleaned up' picture. ;) Notice the babyleg on her arm in all the pictures. It's meant to keep her from picking at it, but sometimes her curiousity gets the best of her and she takes it off. For the most part though, out of sight, out of mind.


Here she is starting round SIX, her FINAL ROUND OF CHEMOTHERAPY EVER!!! It was so funny, I scared the life out of our nurse when I took the first picture of her hooking up the chemo, so the next time, I tapped her on the arm to tell her, "I'm taking a picture." She jumped again. She was just very jumpy last night.




Chelsea imitating her speech therapist. She's getting so good at it!



Nice and clean after a bath.

11 comments:

Heather said...

We start this LAST round, right along with you, with our arsenal of prayers!!! Keep up the awesome job! The pictures, your words and your incredible daughter inspire us all!!

Kari said...

Your sweet girl melts my heart. I have to be honest Carey I full blown bawled my eyes out reading this post. HURRAY the last one!!! :) Keeping you in my prayers!

The Bryant Family said...

She looks great and I am so glad this is last round for you guys. What an ending to a whirlwind of months, same room and everything. Maybe I can get down to meet you before this round is up. :)

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

I am so glad Ryan can be there with you. I bet that will make this whole emotional experience a bit easier.

We are sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you all.

She looks great by the way! Ready to take on this last round.

See you soon!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Yay for the last round AND for the great weight gain.

Our Story: Continued said...

I love reading about your sweetie pie (and love my new mascara too!) I am so happy about her weight gain!!

Ballerina Girl said...

You have an amazing daughter!!!! She looks great and a thumbs up for your strength!!!! xoxo
Julia:)

Michelle said...

Adorable as always! I'm so excited for her - LAST ROUND!!

Nora said...

I just wanted to let you know, that we´re thinking about you every single day and averyday I take a look at your blog, to see, how your superher-princess ist doing - we pray for you evera day - hugs from vienna (and sorry for my bad english;-))
Nora

mom2noah said...

Wow, last round and I continue to pray this one goes smooth and with little pain. The pictures are all priceless. My Fav is the one of Ryan snuggling with Chelsea.
PS. I'm trying to catch up on post on T21 but wanted to let you know I 'm going to try my best to make it to Chelsea's party. Looking forward to hear more details when you get to the planning. Hugs & Kisses - Terry & Noah

bloggingdown said...

So happy that this is the last round! God please keep Chelsea strong and give her more strength everyday.

She's beautiful.