I'm sick, and I'm just here being sick, and it's okay. Ryan's holding down the fort, cruising the halls with Chelsea, following her diligently with her pole of chemo. She's almost finished 6 out of her 7 bags of Ara-C. They change the tubing every three days, so today she has 2 empty bags and one almost empty bag dangling from her IV pole. They'll change it all out tonight, when they hang her last bag of chemo ... ever. I've been looking forward to saying those words for some time now. last ... bag .... of chemo. (deep breath) I can't explain the feeling, it's one of relief for the life we're leaving behind, and one of excitement for all the life we have ahead of us. It's a feeling most can't understand and I hope you never will. Some parents we know have already experienced this, they've had their end of chemo parties, sang their goodbye songs and have began their new lives with their childen, ... cancer free. Others, smile when I tell them of Chelsea reaching the finish line, and ask in wonder how it feels. Their end is coming, it's just a little further away. Right now I am thankful for this little gem returning to our room, wearing her pink helmet covered with stickers. She hops up onto the bed to greet me, points to the computer screen as if asking what it says, then hops down gleefully and heads back out into the hallway. We can do this.
Today's stats?
ANC - 496
WBC - .98
HGB - 10.5
PLT - 214
Hello world!
3 years ago
9 comments:
CArey,
When You mom came did she give you anything besides those clothes?
I will celebrate with you when she is done. We should all be thankful for you and Chelsea!!!!
You are a very strong woman and an awesome mom. Is Chelsea sick?
HOw very awesome!! Last bag of Chemo....it is a great cause for celebration and we will toast to new beginnings right along with you!! Hang in there, the count down starts after that last bag is done. The count down to going home and staying there....SWWWWWEET!
The last bag......YAY!!!!! I can tell that it's taken a toll on you. Your last few posts have sounded weary.
Just remember you are an amazing mom, with an amazing family, and we are all right here beside you.
((HUGS))
Pam and Rhett
Almost there!!!!!
I am so excited for you guys to be at the finish line :)
You all deserve a much needed rest after all of this!
We are so happy for you guys. Just getting to the end of our journey not too long ago, I completely understand the joy you feel. It is an amazing accomplishment our girls have completed. Stay strong and just keep looking straight ahead to that finish line. Almost there. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way. Give Chelsea our hugs.
Wendi
I'm doing the last bag dance with you!! It's such exciting news. Our thoughts and prayers continue.
Michelle
AWESOME!!!!! Last bag!!!!!!! OMG!!!! You guys are soooooo strong!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!! Last bag!!!!!!! OMG!!!! You guys are soooooo strong!!!!!!!
Post a Comment