Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A New Day


You would not believe this kid. She's taken a complete turn today. She slept 12 hours last night with a little bit of moaning over night, but she woke up refreshed and ready to roll. She ate a little breakfast, and drank milk, so she was unhooked. No pole, means more freedom. After breakfast, she dashed out the door to show everyone her pretty dress. We've already made a craft (a princess crown) and visited with the doctors on rounds. Since nothing has grown on her cultures still, they're thinking about taking her off of the antibiotics tomorrow morning. I am nervous, because I think it is the antibiotics that are making her feel better. I've never seen her so sick, and don't want her to go back to where she was the last two days. The attending doctor explained they have to outweigh the side effects of the antibiotics which are mainly fungal infections. If she got a fungal infection from being on antibiotics, it would be extremely difficult to get rid of, so that is why they think it is best to take her off of the antibiotics as long as nothing grows in her cultures. Today we're heading down to ENT to make sure her ears are clear. We're also going to give her a laxative to help her clean out her bowels as that might be causing some of her tummy pain.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Carey!!!!

Such good news.

Hugs from Miss E and I.

Amy Flege said...

did you hear my sigh of relief?? I am so glad miss Chelsea is turning the corner!! yeah!!!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Yay! So glad to see her doing better!!

Kari said...

What a gorgeous photo! :)
I'm so happy to read Chelsea is doing better YAY!!!

Stephanie said...

so glad she is doing better today.
She looks adorable.

Becca said...

Yay Chelsea!! She looks wonderful, and I love her crown!!!

Heather said...

The picture says it all! What a trooper ...... as usual !

mom2noah said...

I loved the picture of Chelsea. I'm so happy to hear she is doing better. She certainly deserves to be princess. Hugs & Kisses - Terry

Pam said...

So glad that she is doing better. She is a Princess, no doubt about it!!

((HUGS!!))

Christina said...

Well what a cute little crown on that little princess! I am praying that she continues to feel better and that she stays sickie free!

Tamara said...

Awesome news - prayers that she just keeps getting stronger - and sassier!

Michelle said...

Great news indeed! She looks wonderful in the picture!!