It's funny how Chelsea's numbers are practically irrelevant these days. Here we are, day 16, and her numbers showed a slight rise over Monday's counts. Possible, not really. Remember when I went round and round with one of the doctors not to sell Chelsea short, she could be on the rise earlier than most kids. Well she wasn't, so I'm expecting this too is another false rise. This tends to be her trend, but it's awfully frustrating. In particular this time, b/c she has not spent ONE day sick during this round. Not one icky day, not one bout of the pukies, no infections, no fevers, no antibiotics. It's nothing short of a miracle. I know, I shouldn't be posting this 'out loud' because now we are probably doomed. But I really don't think so. I have no idea what's going on with Chelsea's body, and neither do the doctors. She is just feeling sooooo good. They are going to check counts again tomorrow, just in case.
She was a little clumsy today, tripped over the volunteers foot in the playroom, then 20 minutes later, tripped over my foot in the hallway, only the second time she managed to land flat on her face. A wet washcloth made the scraped chin and bloody teeth feel better, although she shed quite a few tears. Good thing she got platelets yesterday;) How long after this is said and done do you think I will refer to Chelsea's platelets every time she has an accident? Maybe someday I'll forget what platelets are. That would be a good day. I'd like to forget about a lot of the last few months.
This evening Chelsea got to stay and play with her CA and nurse while Mommy went to teach Jazzercise. Yep, I subbed a class here at the same center I started as a student 7 years ago! I miss teaching so badly, I can't wait to get back to my regular schedule. It was nice to be able to talk to a group of adults ... about stuff other than medicine. Don't get me wrong, of course we talked about Chelsea a little bit, but we also talked about calories, country boys, shaking our hips like nobody is watching, and how we wished it would rain men. Seriously, you should come take one of my classes sometime. According to my heart rate monitor, I burnt 738 calories in the one hour class!!! (That's about 200 more than I burn when I'm not teaching).
Chelsea must have been ornery while I was gone. They had to leave her in her crib from time to time with a few toys and of course an episode of Signing Time playing on the DVD. When I got back I noticed her picc line was bleeding ... again. It was quite a bit more blood, so the little stinker was doing something to it. We'll change the dressing and clean it up again tomorrow. We also have an echo scheduled for tomorrow. Just a post chemo check up, please pray her heart was able to withstand the chemo with no damage. It will always be something to watch, even if it looks good tomorrow. There's really no telling what long term effects the chemo will have on her body. I hate to think about it. I won't think about it. It's just something else that could consume me, and I don't have time for any more worries. From now on, with us, it's day to day. We just enjoy what we have while we have it, because one day it might be gone.
Later ... how about American Idol?! Who would have thought a KC boy would win it all? And did you know his brother has/had cancer (I don't know the details, I just watched this season for the first time last night ;)
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
It's amazing how much Chelsea sounds like Ashlyn during her 6th round. I often accused them of not even giving her the chemo!
I am so glad that she is happy and feeling good.
btw- David's oldest brother, Adam has brain cancer
I still think they were never really giving her chemo. It was sugar water in those bags and that is why she has so much energy.
Prayers to you all for a good result tomorrow.
Let us know what they see.
I agree...live life day by day. Enjoy what you have and the time you get with your babies. Enjoy every kiss, every hug, every cry, every bit of orneriness.
Your baby is a wonderbaby. A beautiful wonderbaby...tough as rocks. Thinking and praying for you all.
Amy
I'm so happy David Cook won, he's awesome!
Your Chelsea is such and amazing girl!
Btw, Carey, I posted a suggestion about tooth brushing lastnight on your original T21 posting--just in case you were done looking there--I'm always a bit late!
Anyway, great news about Chelsea's tolerance for the last round of chemo! I'll look forward to more updates!
How great that she is doing so well!!! Hoping that tomorrow's (or today's) check goes well! Love reading about Chelsea's updates!
Chelsea is amazing!!
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers always.
Megan
Post a Comment