My little munchkin ... sedated ...
naturally!
That's right, she fell asleep for her nap and slept through the entire thing.
Of course it helped that it was in a dark warm room, she was nestled on a pad surrounded by blankets and towels, and the machine makes a nice low humming sound.
Perfect environment for a nap? I'd say so.
We don't have an official reading of the CT, but the ENT doctor did tell us that she saw NO erosion of the bone (which would mean the fungus was in the bone) ... so that's GOOD! She did however see lots of infection, you could see the left side and the right side looked completely different. We really already knew there was lots of infection since we can't get rid of this goo! I got a big clump out today and the ENT cultured the inside again, one standard culture, and one for MRSA (just in case). There really wasn't much in there to clean out, so that's good ... maybe it's slowing down again. We're going to try antibiotic drops again, for one week. The oncologist also gave us a script for an oral anti-fungal to help protect her from the inside while her counts are low. Speaking of counts:
ANC - 531
WBC - 1.84
HGB - 10.2
PLT -300something
Pretty good. They're really pushing for us to go in next Wednesday for our last round ... but that's Logan's 5th bday. I'm begging them to push it back ONE day, that's all, ONE day, but they don't want to. The dr. said today that if her counts are up, she really needs to come in. I think the problem is that dr. is only in the clinic Wed. afternoons and she doesn't want to push it back an entire week. Please please let us just see another doctor, it's a simple chemo admit, just like the last four rounds! For the well being of Logan's emotional health, we all really need to be here to celebrate, and Chelsea's counts will be good, so she could participate in the birthday celebration! We'll keep working on this! She said we'll just watch her counts and decide next Monday.
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
SO glad it went well!!! SURELY they can push chemo back one day... like you said, it's not like you even have to SEE her oncologist really when you're just going in to be admitted. They have to understand... just tell them you can't be there Wednesday. Keep us posted!
I'm so happy it went well. Screaming tests are so harsh!! Been thinking of you all day :) What a sweety Pie look at her sleeping AWWWW Praying for good results!!!
I hope you can get the day pushed up. Geez it's just one day UGH
You couldnt ask for anything better! way to go chelsea!!!!
I really hope you can get that day pushed back for Logans sake. I mean, really, its only ONE flippin day!!!!
Hi, Carey. An idea for you . . . in 2006, Abby was in the hospital over Christmas. I stayed with her while Meg was home with AJ. When Abby finally came home a few days later, Santa came to our house -- AGAIN! AJ thought that was the coolest thing ever! If Chels has to go in on Logan's bday, maybe you could find a way to celebrate a second (i.e., 5year/1week) birthday??
I'm so glad it went well!
Sending prayers that you can celebrate Logan's 5th Birthday in true birthday style! Great news about Chelsea's ear and counts. I can't believe that you are starting your last round. I am so happy for you!
Well, glad that the scan is out of the way & her ear seems to be improving. Her counts look pretty decent! I hope they can reschedule for you - I know how aggravating that is to convince them to change a date.
We're probably heading down for Karly's last round on Friday - depending on her bloodwork tomorrow. Then 6 weeks of radiation & she'll be done! I can't wait - feels like the end is finally in sight.
Post a Comment