In the previous posts, I've mentioned that her ear hasn't really been draining since last Tuesday and when we went to the ENT on Thursday they removed the tube b/c it was already falling out. The ENT doctor thought this would help it clear up better and she told us we could discontinue using the drops on Friday. I gave her last ear drops on Friday and she's been doing great. I've been so releived to have the drainage stopped and she didn't seem to have any more pain finally! Until...yesterday afternoon. We were at the farm and we noticed her pulling at her ear and I looked in and saw a little bit of drainage ... yep, again! She was fussy all the way home so we gave her some pain medicine and investigated her ear a little closer. The drainage was clear, but there was a ton of it. Her ear canal was literally full to the brim and the rest was just leaking out down her ear. We would wic the clear goo out and then it would fill right back up. If we squeezed her ear it was really gooey. I apologize, maybe too much information, but this just saves me from calling four sets of grandparents and explaining what's going on.
So I had to give her two more doses of pain meds over night and she's been acting o.k. this morning, actually the past 20 minutes or so she's been pretty fussy, dropping to the ground crying, throwing more fits, not really typical of her. She did wake up with crusty eyes and the ear goo is now yellow. I'm really at a loss of what to do. I'm going to try to stick it out until tomorrow. If we can just control her pain throughout today and tonight, she'll go in for her CT first thing in the morning and we'll be able to have her completely checked out. We really are checking out everything tomorrow, we'll visit, radiology, hemonc clinic, and ENT clinic, so surely we can get this figured out. My nightmare though would be if it got worse over night and I had to take her to an ER. Could you imagine me trying to explain all this ear history, and oh yeah, she's got cancer! I guess I could just tell them to go read my blog entries for April! ***sigh*** I really don't want to make another trip to Kansas City today!
Hello world!
3 years ago
2 comments:
Hang in there Carey. Things have to get better for you guys. I really hope they get Chelsea's ear problem figured out soon. I know how frustrated you must be getting. We will be at the HEMONC clinic on Tuesday as well. Morgan has chemo, so maybe we will run into you guys. Her appt is at 9 AM. Give Chelsea some hugs & kisses from us. And Chelsea and your family are always in our thoughts and prayers. Sending prayers & positive thoughts your way.
Wendi
I had about 10 minutes so I thought I would check in on you guys and see how you are doing. Yikes! WHat a weekend!!!! I can't believe the run around. It seems like so many things are that way now. I just don't understand why what used to take one phone call now seems to take at least five and two or three days of waiting. Can you say customer service?????
Poor Chelsea and that dang ear of hers! I will be praying that they figure out what is going on tomorrow.
We didn't get up to Topeka this weekend but may try to come up Wed. or Thurs. I will let you know.
Here are some hugs your way. Spread them around because we miss you guys!
Post a Comment