Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Morning Update

The doctors just rounded. No ID on the bug in her line, but the cultures they drew when we arrived last night are already growing the same gram positive. So, it's definitely not a mistake. They're hoping to get the ID soon, then they'll get the sensitivity in about 24 hours after that so we know for sure what antibiotic she needs to be on. She's a little bit crabby this morning, but not bad at all. For the most part she was smiling and dancing to a toy monkey and showing off for everyone. The attending doctor here this week smiled and said he wished we had a video camera to catch her on tape. She's like some medical marvel. When all the cultures and labs say she should be feeling awful, she's over here putting on a show! It looks like we'll be here for a few days at least. I'm sure they'll let us finish her course of antibiotics at home once the ID everything. They won't make any decisions on the line until we learn more about what's growing in her cultures, but it may need to be completely removed if they can't get rid of the bug. Chemo is postponed until she is completely clear of infection, likely it will be another 10-14 days.

I apologize for the influx of posts today. I'm trying to update on her bug AND Logan's bday. I already had a couple of things saved to post today for Logan. 1

4 comments:

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Can you believe how much has changed in the last five years? What a difference a few years makes. Both of your kids are amazing and you are doing such a great job.

Praying all works out well with the infection and the Hickman and that you are home soon!

Let us know what you need.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear Chelsea's feeling well, even though she has an infection. Hopefully they'll sort it out & send you home SOON!

Ballerina Girl said...

That Chelsea! WE love her her though. You are such a good mom. To bad I can't drive or else I would come over there and give you guys a BIG HUG!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Kari said...

Chelsea your a superstar. Great news she isn't feeling crappy. Keeping you in my prayers.