Monday, April 21, 2008

I hope to have many many more days like today. The weather is beautiful, so Chelsea and I got up and went to the park. I thought it would be fun to take some pictures since I had such a beautiful model, but she was having nothing to do with the camera. She saw the playground equipment when we pulled up and could only think of one thing. I resorted to some of my mommy distracting tricks and was able to get a few good shots of my beautiful girl. I'll just share a couple with you now, you'll see the rest later!





Labs from today look quite a bit different than Thursday. It's enough of a change that I'm worried ... for two reasons. First, I'm afraid they're going to call tomorrow and say, "come in tomorrow for chemo." Well ... that just won't work, you see we have a birthday party planned for Logan on Wednesday night. After 7 months of neglecting the poor kid, we wanted to make it a special night, just for him. He's also been begging me to go on a field trip with him this Friday, and I was looking forward to going.

ANC - 2,494 (up from 686)
WBC - 4.3 (up from 1.8)
platelets - 505
hemoglobin - 11.4

Second, it makes me nervous how drastically her numbers have jumped from Thursday because last time we saw this large of a jump so quickly was when she was very sick this winter. That was when she had RSV, pneumonia, and an infection in her line which ultimately got her admitted to the hospital. It's very possible she could have a bug, Logan has been coughing quite a bit lately and this weekend his nose started running too. I can almost assure you I'll get a call tomorrow morning saying her counts are so good, it's time to get started on round 6. I wish they would all look back at her history though and see that her counts don't rise that quickly. A large jump in her white blood count means her body is trying to fight something off. I can only imagine if we started chemo and she was sick, what would happen with her ear. I've got nightmares of starting this whole ear oozing business all over again. Please, no!!!

I'll end with a bit of good news, her liver functions looked good today! That means that the anti-fungal medicine we're giving her now isn't messing up her liver like the fluconozole was! Signing out, I'll update when we have an admit date.

9 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

She is so beautiful!!

I'm sorry the labs are worrying you. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious, and that you still are able to celebrate Logan's big day!

Ballerina Girl said...

She's soooo cute.!!!!:)

older sister said...

Carey, You neglected to tell everyone what she said today. She looks absolutely stunning!

Kei said...

Soooooo beautiful!!!!

And way to go on saying Grandma Barb!!!!!

Becca said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! She looks wonderful!

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl!

I'd be worried about a lab jump like that, too - but, sometimes it's nothing. I still worry, though! :)

Are her platelets really that high!?

Beth said...

She looks beautiful!!!!!! I love her smile!!

The Bryant Family said...

Great pictures. hang in there and remind them that her counts dont climb like that unless she is fighting something.....I know you probably already have or have it in your mind to do so,,,,,just wanted to remind you to remind them. :) Tuck and I got out for some this weekend as well. It was a very nice Sunday afternoon. I am glad to see Chels doing so well. I hope Logan has a grrrrreat Birthday!!!!

JennyH said...

I love those pictures of her. She is so pretty!

Hope her fever has gone down or you at least know why she has it.