We're waiting for discharge papers right now! It's been a busy day, we just returned from the ENT clinic. Her ear doesn't look worse, but it doesn't look better either, it's just different. It is also very inflamed which explained her hysterics as they were cleaning it out. That has to be one of THE MOST traumatizing procedures she's had in a while, and guess what? We get to come back and do it again Thursday. We'll be keeping a close eye on it, but our hopes are that she will be able to take care of it like any other kid would once her counts recover. It's just hard to clear anything up when you don't have any of your good infection fighting cells. They did get a good culture, so if the mold grows in there, our oncologist will call us. We are also watching out for fevers (as always) or any twitches in her face, or if she acts out of it. Those could be signs that it has spread into her blood or bone. As of now, they are still thinking she looks okay. Of course if the culture grows mold or fungus, we'll have to come up with a new plan of action.
For now, we're going to go home and enjoy our own beds. Logan is going to be so surprised. He was heartbroken last night when he and Daddy left. He was very tired, so that made the situation worse. He cried and cried and hugged me, "I want to stay here with you Mommy," he told me. I reminded him I would be coming home to take him to Kindergarten Round-up (sniff sniff) on Wednesday and he replied through his tears, "I don't want to go to Kindergarten, I want to stay home with you all the time!" I finally enticed him with a snack and he was happy again. Daddy said he fell asleep eating his apple on the way home!
In case you're following, her counts for today were:
ANC - 120
HGB - 8.4
PLT - 121
WBC - .8 something, already packed away the lab sheet!
Hello world!
3 years ago
10 comments:
Yeah!!! I hope you get to go home - even if you do have to go back on Thursday to clean out that fungus. Enjoy your bed, Enjoy Logan, Enjoy Ryan. It is so hard to believe our boys are off to kindergarten in just a few short months!!!
Prayers your way!
Yay!!! I'm so happy that you're finally able to go home! I know you're worried about Chelsea's infection, but I know she'll be fine. :D ((Hugs)) to you guys!
Oh happy day!!! There's no place like home!
Hugs & prayers!
YAY!!! Enjoy going home to your own beds and we'll continue to pray for God's blessings for Chelsea and your entire family.
I'm so happy you guys get to go home. I am praying that mold or fungus doesn't grow and that the meds clear it up quickly.
I'm so happy you guys get to go home. I am praying that mold or fungus doesn't grow and that the meds clear it up quickly.
Yippee. So happy to hear you are going home. Enjoy this time with Logan, Ryan, Chelsea, your house, all of it. Prayers continue for Chelsea's health and recovery.
What great news that you'll be going home! ENJOY IT!!!
YIPPEE!!!! That is great news - enjoy being home!!!!!
I'm glad you all get to be home again. I hope her ear gets better!
Post a Comment