Big news today!!! Chelsea can blow bubbles!!! This is huge for us as we still give open mouth kisses, yep, my child is notorious for french kissing ... pretty much everyone. Her OT (occupational therapist) was blowing bubbles and asked if she wanted to, and to our surprise, she did it! I showed her by blowing on her face and she imitated me and out came the bubbles. I knew those imitation skills would come in handy! I'm not sure at what age kids are 'supposed' to be able to blow bubbles, but as you know, it doesn't really matter to us, we just celebrate her milestones as they come and we couldn't be prouder!
I was hoping for some counts today, but her labs were:
ANC - 0
WBC - .44
HGB - 9.2
Platelets - 30
I noticed some bruises on her legs tonight after I gave her a bath, so I requested that they do labs in the morning as she'll likely need more platelets tomorrow. UNLESS, her numbers do a huge turn around, which I would GLADLY take because that would mean we would be one step closer to going home! We've got 2 more days of IV antibiotics, 5 more days of ear drops, and of course we need more white blood cells, and then we can go home. Yeah, it's likely not going to be this week.
Yes, Chelsea is doing wonderful, she is in remission, and she has managed to fight this cancer with remarkable courage and strength. She still has one more round of chemo and has already endured 5 rounds. That is a lot for a little body. I know that many of you keep her in your prayers daily, and I'd like to ask you to continue praying for my little angel. Chemotherapy is extremely dangerous and my prayers for her as of lately are that her body will not be permanently damaged and she will not have to endure the awful long term effects that can come with these drugs. Thank you!
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
Carey - we pray for Chelsea and your family every day!! We won't stop either.
Way to go on bubbles! Very exciting.
love,
Michelle & Matthew
We will, of course, continue to pray for Chelsea and your family. You guys are so strong and we celebrate all of your triumphs with you.
Awesome job with the bubbles!!! What sweet little "french" kisses, I'm sure.
God Bless You!!
I say a little prayer for Chelsea every day!
That is awesome that she's blowing bubbles!
Way to go with the bubbles, Chelsea!!!
Carey - Chelsea and your family are in my prayers everyday. Hang in there and before you know it you will be home!!! I will stop by this week sometime...is there a better time than others? See you soon.
Love, Amy
GREAT JOB, Chelsea!!!! That is awesome - and I agree, celebrate those milestones when they happen!!!
I am sorry for her labs - but am glad that she seems to be in such good spirits! What a brave person you have there in that little body!!! AMAZING!
Keeping you all in our thoughts AND prayers!
Beth
Carey,
You and Chelsea will be in my prayers for a long, long time!
So, Chelsea has been teaching Olivia some new tricks. 2 years old and she still only has about 10 words. So, per your recommendation from an earlier blog, I got baby signing times. Yeah! We can now communicate with Olivia. I am sure she is nowhere as good as Chelsea with the signs yet, but hopefully soon she will be up to speed.
Thanks for all the advice!
Kristine
Carey- I don't know if you know this but I am in Mrs.Chilson's class. I heard that if Cheals is up to it you and her can come in my to our class. I will be here always. I haven't exactly been here from the begining. But since December, maybe, I can't remember not reading about her. Every, morning, night afternoon, and in between I pray for her. Please e-mail me at dancestarjl@gmail.com. thanks
Julia~
Post a Comment