Friday, March 14, 2008

Round 5

Round 5 has officially begun! She started at 10:50 last night. I was so exhausted, but wanted to stay awake until it got started. Ideally I would have tried to stay awake for a while afterwards just to keep a close eye on her for any reactions, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I was so happy to see our nurse hooking up the chemo last night. She double and triple checked everything she did. That makes me feel so good to see her being so careful when hooking up chemo is likely something she could do with her eyes closed. These nurses do it everyday and while it wouldn't have to be a big deal to them, it is.

Chelsea slept through everything even the blood pressure checks every 15 minutes for an hour! I on the other hand didn't have such luck. Here's what I remember...

*start benedryl
*flush benedryl
*start zofran (anti nausea med)
*finish zofran
*hook up chemo (two kinds)
*take vitals
*pump beeping
*blood pressure
*blood pressure
*blood pressure
*unhook one of the chemo's
*pump beeping
*vitals
*diaper change
*pump beeping
START OVER! Yep, time for benedryl and zofran again!

I think the nurse and CA could have easily kept busy by just staying in our room all night! Do you know how badly I'd like to throw this darned pump out the window?!!! So....I attempted to take a nap with Chelsea this afternoon....
Did I mention they're doing construction on the hospital? I did finally doze off though....
only to be awoken by none other than.....Spiderman!
Okay, not really, just two window washers that appeared from nowhere on the window that the parent bed sits against. They were in no hurry and they were extremely noisy window washers. If you think about it, there are THOUSANDS of windows in this hospital. What are the chances they would land on 4 Henson Room 6 just as I fall asleep? Pretty slim right? Thank goodness after they were done Chelsea was still asleep and I dozed off again.....only to be awoken by.....

the pump beeping!!!!!! Guess who else was awoken by the pump this time? So much for my nap. You know after all the stress of waiting for bone marrow results, I don't think I've slept for any period of time longer than 20 minutes for 48 hours now. I may not be making any sense right now, so if that's the case, I apologize. Basically, it feels like someone is playing a cruel joke on me. I'm looking forward to that deflated sleep number bed at the Ronald McDonald house tonight.

1 comment:

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Here is a prayer that you are soundly sleeping and getting some much needed rest as I type this to you. I pray that this round goes as smooth as possible and you can all be at home snug in your beds again soon.

Love to all!