Chelsea is doing remarkably well today. It's like she just snapped out of that puniness yesterday and hasn't looked back. She's been on the go all day. In fact, it took 3 hours to get her to sleep, she finally crashed at 11pm. She's had benedryl and oxycodone and she was still going strong. I hope this isn't cruel, but as my last resort, I wrapped her up in a blanket like a burrito, just like we did when the kids were babies. That's the only way I could calm her down. Otherwise she was hitting me scratching me, picking my nose (yep), licking me ... I had to create some sort of straight jacket to get her calmed down and to sleep. Yes, she cried and didn't like it one bit, and just before I was about to unwrap her and give up again, she crashed! I can't figure it out. It took an hour and a half to get her to sleep for her nap. It's like she's overstimulated from the chemo or something, I don't know. Then a few minutes ago the nurse came in and hung another bag of chemo and after she left, Chelsea sat straight up in her crib. I went to check on her and she was sound asleep ... sitting up in the crib! Something weird is going on with her sleep cycles, maybe the doctors will have some insights on that tomorrow.
I'm going to leave my March Mascara Madness challenge up on the side bar to the right all month (with a link to the original post), so continue to spread the word. Your help means more than I can ever express to you all. I'll leave you with a few pictures of my goofball. She's really enjoyed posing for the camera lately.
Hello world!
3 years ago
8 comments:
Chelsea is such a beautyful little gírl - we pray for her and your family!
Love
Nora from Vienna
Making a burrto baby is great. I am a foster mom and have had over 2 dozen kids and have been known to use that to get kids to sleep all the time. Her treatments might be making her over sensitive to everything. We all know she needs to sleep to get well and fight this stuff so wrap away. Besides if she does not sleep you do not sleep and we know that would be bad.
Oh she is so cute!! We've done the baby burrito thing too - it helps on those constantly moving days. You guys are in my prayers.
I used to wrap Colby up all the time too to get him to take a nap. Especially when we were on vacation or somewhere other than his crib. Sadly, it doesn't work so well with Olivia. Ahhh.... I miss those days of forcing Colby to sleep.
Too cute!!! I thought I was going to have to wrap my daughter Lana up like that last night as well.
I'm glad she snapped out of the puniness and is loving the camera. She's a beautiful girl!!!
Glad she seems to be feeling better - sorry about the sleep thing!! Love the pictures - the many faces of Chelsea!
She is sooooo cute. Every time I log on, I can't get over how adorable she is. The burrito thing was a good idea, you both need some sleep. I hope you find out something about her sleeping issues soon. I know all too well how frustrating it is to think something is going on but you don't get an answer from anyone (or an answer you really don't want to hear). You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, Amy
CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!
Post a Comment