Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy World Down Syndrome Day!!!

Quick update ... Chelsea is officially finished with round 5!!!!! Of course that's just the actual chemo part, we'll be here another few weeks as always! The funny part, she just threw up a little bit ago ... healthy as a horse during the chemo, and now she gets sick! I thinks she's feeling better now, nothing like a little puke to get your tummy settled down!

Ok, I spoke too soon, just had to break from blogging for some more gagging. Her nurse was flushing some saline into her line and for some reason it made her cough and gag. Ugh, poor baby.

The boys made it up here bright and early this morning!!! Yeah!!! Logan's super ornery, we've got some behavioral issues to work on with him. I've got one last prayer request for you all today. My stepmom was admitted to the hospital last night. She hasn't been feeling well for some time, but they're not sure what's going on, hopefully we'll get some answers today. She's way too young at 46 to be so sick, so please pray that they'll get things figured out and get her home SOON.

Lastly, check back with us later tonight, I'm working on my project for WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY!!! I think you'll really enjoy it. And for those of you who don't have a child with Down syndrome, do you know WHY today, March 21st, is coined World Down syndrome day? Leave a comment if you know!

10 comments:

Beth said...

It is because today is 3/21 and DS is a triplication of the 21 chromosome!!!

Glad that Chelsea is "done" with this round and hope she doesn't get sick (anymore than she had been)!!!

Good luck with Logan!

I will be thinking about your stepmom - you are so right - only 46, way too young to be sick! Please keep us posted!

Beth

Amy Flege said...

oh no carey... sending prayers for your stepmom...
yeah on round 5!! woo hooo!!!
cant wait to see your project!!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I hope your stepmom is feeling better very soon.

I think I have an answer for you about Chelsea gagging during the saline flush. Many of my patients with a central line (Hickmans included) often tell me that they can taste the saline when I flush their lines. If she was already nauseaus and her line was flushed, then it might get her gagging. It's a strange phenomenon, but I hear it from about 75% of my patients with central lines. And I even heard it once when I flushed sombody's peripheral line.

I can't wait to see what your working on.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Glad she's done with this round - but sorry she's feeling crummy. I'm also sorry to hear about your step mom.

Can't wait to see your project! I wish I didn't forget to send you the picture - I got sidetracked at work!!

Jessica said...

Happy World Down Syndrome Day to you guys too! I hope Chelsea and your steph mom both feel better soon!

Ballerina Girl said...

sorry bout your stepmom!! WAY to young to get that sick. How many more rounds. hope not a lot!!
Julia

Unknown said...

From reading your blog - and learning a lot!! - I think 3/21 has something to do with the T-21 chromosone. Am I right?

Laura said...

Keeping sweet Chelsea in our thoughts and prayers!

Happy WDS day to you! :)

Kari said...

YAY!!!! buh~bye round 5 I hope Chelsea is feeling better and the next few weeks fly bye! Keeping you in my prayers and I will add your Aunt to them. Looking forward to see your Project :)

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

YAYYYYYYY for NO MORE CHEMO!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Happy WDSD!!!!