This morning we went to the hospital for Chelsea's labs because Grandma is on a well deserved skiing expedition with her sister. Of course when we arrived they didn't have the correct orders that would allow them to draw from her Hickman (this happens every time) so they had to call Childrens and wait for them to fax it over. After 45 minutes of waiting, they came in and drew her blood. We decided to visit Aunt Jenny while we were at the hospital, and of course little miss Chelsea put on a show for all the girls in her office. There's just something about that little stinker you can't resist her cuteness. When Jen picked her up to love on her, she said "ew, she smells, did she spit up?" I took her mask off, and she had done more than spit up inside of it. Poor little thing had been walking around w/ this mask on and I didn't even know. It smelt terrible and was all over her face! I heard her make a funny noise when we were walking down the hall, and she kind of smirked at me through the mask, but I didn't realized she had just thrown up. I felt so bad. Apparently the chocolate chip cookie I gave her for snack this morning didn't settle too well.
By the time we left it was 11:30 and my little darling didn't make it home w/out zonking out. I guess we'll eat lunch when she wakes up. Here are the result from her labwork:
WBC - 2.7 (hot damn that's good!)
HGB - 12.7
PLTS - 372
ANC - 729 (yep, almost 1,000!)
She's had quite the rise this week...so, we're tentatively scheduled for clinic on Wednesday for the bone marrow biopsy and then to be admitted for round 5. UGH!!!! It's good, to get it over with. But at the same time, can I just say it sucks, it sucks, it sucks! Sorry, just had to whine there for a minute. Oh yes, and this means we'll be sure to spend the next two holidays in the hospital...St. Patricks Day, and Easter! Good thing Ryan and I are working in a date this weekend (and by date I mean using the free movie tickets he got for his birthday a year and a half ago...and maybe splurging for popcorn...maybe.)
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
Praying that all goes well with the bone marrow biopsy. When you get a chance, I have an award for you at my blog.
Glad Chelsea's numbers are doing good. Hoping all goes well for the bone marrow biopsy. Have fun on your datenight with the hubby. You both seserve some time with each other.
Poor Chelsea and the mask...Hope she is feeling ok.
Glad the numbers are good!!!
Enjoy datenight - hope you see a good movie!
Beth
Great numbers! Hang in there...it is almost over & Chelsea will be just fine. What an angel she is. We love watching her progress. She is so blessed to have you for her mother & you are blessed to have that sweet angel in your life. Keep fighting the fight.
great numbers!!! so glad its all going ok. enjoy your date this weekend!!
Enjoy your much deserved date with Ryan.
I hope you have fun on your date!!! Your defination of date is the same as ours. Oh well, it's good to have time to yourselves, anyway you can take it. I think we will be spending the holidays here as well...it won't be the first time. I hope you guys have a great week. Hang in there, you guys are amazing!!! Take care, Amy
Post a Comment