My little activa has had a pretty busy day, OT, Speech and lots of Baby Signing Time. The last couple of days she's had her tongue hanging out of her mouth almost constantly, which means an overabundance of drool. I know baby drool is cute, but really, I'd like to stay dry, ... just for one day please! (Her shirts, and mine, have been soaked all week!) The drool usually indicates mouth sores, or mucusitis. She has no visible sores in her mouth, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have any in the back of her throat or further down. I am doubtful she has many though because she's eating like a superstar, and when she's got bad sores from the chemo, she generally goes on food strike. It's possible this is just a muscle tone issue, or she's just plain gotten into the habit of keeping her tongue out. While so many people comment on how cute it is, I don't think they realize that it's not going to be quite so cute when she's 25.
Here's some of that tongue: (notice the game they're playing)
More tongue action:
Once again with the tongue, and she's signing, "go, go, go." Ay, yay, yah, my back! I can only push her on this thing for so long.
We had a couple of visitors today. Abby's Daddy Greg came by to visit and brought the kids a little surprise (don't tell Logan yet though, he won't get his until they come up on Friday). They brought the cutest little music CD and Chelsea and I have already been practicing some new moves. I'll post that home video another day. Greg flew in to KC for business and since he is a fan of 'Dream Big' he just knew he had to meet Chelsea in person!
Then we were surprised to see Sara...my stepmom's niece, so that would be, well, my step cousin (is that a word)? Needless to say, it was thoughtful of her to pop in and visit. She brought her camera and took a few pictures of Chelsea and after she left I was kicking myself b/c I should have gotten one with her in it. Sorry hon, you'll just have to come back and visit again! Unfortunately she was here with a friend whose little one is sick; we will say a prayer for them tonight.
Chelsea has been crabby today and maybe a little (very little) sluggish. I really hate to guess, b/c my track record proves that I'm always wrong, but if you really want me to tell you what I think, ... I'm thinking her hemoglobin is low and she may need a blood transfusion tomorrow. There. I've said it. Now she won't need one, which is a good thing. A very good thing.
I'm hoping for those counts to go up, but once again I haven't packed up my bags yet. Remember, counts up tomorrow and Friday, we go home. Counts down tomorrow, we're back to checking labs T/Th/Sat.... until we see another impressive upward trend.
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
how awesome that Greg got to come visit!!! praying for good counts!!!!!!
How very cool! I wish I had a business trip in KC so I could meet you guys too! :) Only, I don't work. lol
I'm still so jealous!! I heard that Chelsea and Abby would be two peas in a pod if they ever met!
What a great visitor!! Greg is one great guy. We had a chance to meet Greg, Megan and family last summer in Pittsburgh. I'm wondering if I can find a need for a business trip to Kansas City....hmmmmm.
Hugs!
Glad she had some visitors today - the pictures look like she was having a good time! Praying that all goes well...
~Beth~
Post a Comment