Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Small (ok, kinda big) Vent....More later!

I've been trying to update all day, so for now it's short and sweet. I'll finish my entire update when I get time which may be never. For now, she's hooked up to chemo, crazy as ever, and won't stop. She's continually occluding (cord is tangled and she's always beeping.) We can't get blood return on one of her lines, so that's a whole other issue. And of course I can't forget to mention, we're trapped in our little 6x6 cage for two weeks b/c at one point in January she tested positive for RSV. Although she's negative now we're still in isolation. Can I just say it sucks?! I'll admit, I'm on the verge of breakdown. It's been a long day. I'l update when I can. I think it needs to be mandatory to prescribe parents w/ some good drugs while they're trapped in the hospital with their children for long periods of time.

8 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ugh Isolation SUCKS! I'm so sorry! Praying the time goes quickly for you!

Pam said...

You know I am thinking of you. We were in isolation when Rhett had Rotavirus, and it sucked so bad once he was actually awake and moving around. It just plain sucks.

I am on Celexa and Clonzepam. They just became my very new best friends. I would have never made it through this last week had I not had a little help.

Rhett says give him a couple of weeks to get the walking thing perfected and him and Chels can chase each other!!

HUGS!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Aw Carey, I'm sorry. :( I'm bummed we weren't able to get the webcam thing working yesterday. DH & I were mostly bums all day, being sick. Here's hoping your little spit-fire will give you a rest, lol!

Unknown said...

Carey,
I am so sorry that you are in isolation. I can't even imagine how that must be. Remember, I am off work on Mondays and Fridays so if you need a break - call!!! 542-3364. Very rarely do we have plans for the afternoons.
Kristine

mom2noah said...

Hey Girl, Darn I wish I could swing by and give you and Chelsea big warm hugs. I hope you are out of isolation soon and Chelsea gets adjusted ( as much as one can in her situation). Noah is sending lots of kisses to both of you as well. Love & Hugs Terry & Noah

Anonymous said...

That does suck. I could not imagine being in the hospital room for 2 weeks. I wish I lived closer then I could viset. Hopefully they will bring somethings for you and Chelsea to do. I wish that they will let you out. You are right they should give you something. I will say a prayer for you and Chelsae, Carol&Abigail

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

I often thought drugs would of been great! Just want you to know we are always thinking about you guys! Stay strong and hey if you do breakdown...it's ok, no one is expected to stay with it all the time:)
Love and prayers!

Amy Flege said...

well damn. that sucks the big one!! you know how to get ahold of me if you need to vent!!!!