We got her labs back, and I'll admit, I have no idea why we're even doing them. Her numbers have all dropped a bit, and the nurse who called me said everything looks great! Well to someone not in the medical field...it makes you wonder, why are the numbers dropping. I'm so confused, and if nothing ever looks 'odd' to them, then why do they even do the bloodwork? The nurse wasn't sure why they're still doing labs either, b/c I confronted her w/ my question. She said don't worry about doing labs on Monday, just come on in Tuesday. Well, that saves mom a trip to draw blood on Monday and maybe saves me a little craziness obsessing over the numbers. Well here they are, I'll post Monday's too so you can see the difference:
Monday Thursday
ANC 5,106 2,419
WBC 6.9 4.1
HBG 12.5 12.0
Platelets 488 432
Fortunately nothing has fallen dangerously low, so I'm not really worried. I just can't get nasty thoughts out of my mind!!!! Especially after Ryan said to me last night..."she's not really walking very well is she?" Well for him to notice, you know she's not walking as well! The nurse said she'll watch her on Tuesday, but it could be b/c she's been sick and didn't walk much for a few days. (Although it's not like she was laying in bed...anyone who knows Chelsea knows there's really not much that will keep her from walking!)
Hello world!
3 years ago
6 comments:
Praying for you guys!!
Amy
Kennesaw, Ga
Now Carey, what is it you just told me?! I know, it's so hard not to worry! We'll be praying everything is fine!!!
Chelsea is soooo cute i read you guys journal everyday!!!
You know, it is so hard not to worry and focus on all of the little numbers and what they could mean. Then you see a slight physical change and you are sure disaster is about to strike. Perspective is so hard to keep when you are worried about your litle one. Remember your instincts are strong and you are her best advocate. You are doing the right thing questioning. Make them check her out and then when everything checks out okay, take a step back, a deep breath and say a prayer.
Remember whatever you need I am here just call. Even if it is just someone to have an anxiety attack with.
Saying a prayer for you guys right now!
hey..
long time no talk :(
well i hope you guys are doing good and chels' walking is just an odd thing for a little sec.
i am so weak i need to build up my muscel so bad.
well i heard you come in tuesday but i dont know if you heard i am leaving tomorrow(monday :) i am so excited but we like have all these crazy percautions and like i cant even go in my basment.
but better safe than sorry.
i miss you guys like CRAZY.
but i come in like twice a week so i will deffinatly be comeing to see you:)
love you guys, see you soon.
Bay
Hugs and prayers from Denver. K.
Post a Comment