Chelsea and I had a nice, uneventful Valentine's day, we just spent the day enjoying each others company...just like we do everyday! She was crying in her sleep a little bit last night, but I think it was just typical post chemo feeling yucky, so we gave her some pain meds and she was fine (I slept better after that anyways).
Of course, she missed the big party today, but child life brought her a piece of chocolate cake and ice cream. She was all about that ice cream. She sat silently eating in her high chair for probably 30 minutes! She was a mess to say the least. Child life then brought in some cookies to decorate and I opted to save those for AFTER nap. She had plenty of sugar already! As you could have guessed she ate very little lunch ;)
I went to change her diaper mid morning and she loves to stick her feet in my face, she thinks it's funny when I smell them and make a face and say, 'oooh stinky.' So we were going through this routine during her diaper change and I noticed what looked like bug bites all over the bottom her left foot. It freaked me out, so I call the nurse in. By the time she got here (no I'm not hinting anything there), uh-hum, anyways, by the time she got here, the little bumps had faded some and were almost gone. She said they looked like hives, which would explain why they faded as quickly as they appeared. The real question is why would she have hives?
The attending who rounds this week didn't have much to say about Chelsea today, I believe his words were something like, "I'm not excited about any of it." Ummmm, okay. I felt like I was at our communication mind your marraige seminar from last weekend, ... listen, then summarize. "So what your saying is you don't think the chemo is causing any of her balance or walking issues." He said chemo could cause problems with your eyes, but I don't think he's thinking that's the problem. I really can't read this doctor very well and as much as I try to summarize what he says, I still leave thinking, now what did he just say? "Okay...so will we get her a consult with an opthamologist to check her vision.... because a vision problem wouldn't be all that uncommon in any child w/ Down syndrome right?" He told me that was a real possibility and we'll get the consult done soon. So, in a nutshell, that's where we're going, just as we thought yesterday, a vision screening. I of course will continue watching her like a hawk, and will be the first one to let them know of any changes!
Remember that cookie frosting I saved for after nap? Let me tell that story with pictures.
Have you ever seen a tongue like that?!!!
Mom was rinsing out the washcloth and...
ALWAYS BUCKLE YOUR CHILD IN HER HIGH CHAIR!
Did I mention that the pink icing doesn't come off? Yep, her face is stained pink, but there's not another color I would rather see her!
Hello world!
3 years ago
11 comments:
But that looks like fun mom! Honestly I think if we were to ever get Ashlyn and Chelsea together everyone would think they were twins!
Glad you guys had a good day!
Nicki & Ashlyn
cp: ashlynnichole
haha those pictures ROCK! You are seriously a way more fun mom than I am! LOL Kennedy colored her hair pink with a marker before it all fell out... it stayed pink for almost 3 weeks! LOL
Hope her ophthamologist consult goes well!
Now there is a girl that LOVES her frosting! I love that you stopped to take a picture as she was trying to dive out of the chair. Nothing like capturing the moment!
She looks great. I know what you mean about not being able to get exactly what the doctors are saying. Every time we have been there I think I end up say, "So is what you are saying.....?" at least a 100 times. Frustrating!!
Hope you guys have a great night.
Those are very cute pictures. I love all that pink frosting!!
I love the pictures. The boys are going to stop by and say HELLO today.
Blessings - Amy
Oh she is so cute (and Pink :) ) Too cute.
those are the best pictures ever!! haha i love the tongue shots!!
that is the same pink frosting mayson had on her birthday cake.. and no, it does not come off!! hahaha
thanks for the birthday wishes carey!!!
OMG - is she not the cutest thing! and having so much fun. She looks like Logan in the picture with her eyes shut and big smile. Love her to pieces!!
Happy Valentine's Day Chelsea
These pictures just brightened my day-these pics are PRICELESS!! She's not only adorable, but so is her personality!
Where's my sunglasses?
Happy Valentine's Day,
amanda mb,sc
How scary that last pic! AHHH! Preston has become a little wiggle worm lately too! So glad she didn't fall!
And I have to say Gabi was laughing as she looked at all the pink icing face pictures with me! She says, "Baby is silly, mommy!"
What awesome pictures!! She looks like she had a great time and enjoyed that frosting!!
My little one will climb out as well - we always have to strap her in...We made the mistake at a restaurant of not strapping her in and next thing we knew she was on top of the table!! Little monkey!
~Beth~
Post a Comment