Friday, February 08, 2008

Desperately Needing out of Isolation

I just thought I better let you know I'm going to be MIA for a while. I took a side job tonight (taking photos) to make a little bit of money for our family. It's nice to be able to contribute every now and then to the family account! The job was near our house, so I hurried home and Ryan went to the hospital to stay w/ Chelsea. Then tomorrow we'll be on the run again because we are doing something we haven't done in a long time...we're taking time for ourselves (alone!) The Down Syndrome Guild puts on a marraige seminar every February and we're going to attend the seminar all day Saturday, and then included in the package is an overnight stay at a fancy hotel on the plaza. We're so lucky because we were able to receive a scholarship to attend this year thanks to our friends at the wonderful KCDSG! We're both looking forward to spending a little alone time free of chemo, isolation and RSV! My mom is driving to the hospital in the morning to stay with Chelsea and she'll finish her chemo tomorrow afternoon. Logan is staying w/ Grandma and Grandpa C. all weekend. It's just about killing me not to see him this weekend, but Ryan and I realize we really need this time, and for the side job, well, money's tight and that was non-negotiable. I talk to him every night and will be sending him some surprises in the mail this week, so I'm sure he'll love that. Then next weekend we'll do something extra special together. I'll post updates Sunday night and until then maybe I can teach my mom to update the blog for me! Ha! Later.

5 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Carey, have a FABULOUS time! You deserve it!!!

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

I am soooo glad you guys are getting out to do something special for yourselves. It is so important for you both to have time to reconnect.

I hope you have a terrific time. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your alone time. I am glad to hear that you are taking on photo clients. I have been wanting you to do some photos of the kids, but didn't know if that was put on hold until the chemo was over. I will be calling you in March to set something up!
Kristine

Anonymous said...

Carey
I hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Blessings - Amy

Amy Flege said...

Sounds like a great time. I hope you enjoy yourselves!!!
hey way to go on the side job too!!! i wish you lived closer so you could do maysons 2 year pictures.. yes.. she will be 2 on friday!!!