I'm updating early tonight, because surprisingly, EVERYONE is in bed. I can't believe it. It's been another roller coaster day. Chelsea woke up in good spirits and the only way you'd know she was sick was her cough(which sounded better today). Then she took a short nap, and woke up completely wimpy. She was back to laying on our laps and not interested in anything. Sure enough she started getting a fever around 3pm, but so far she hasn't spiked to the "official" 101.5. It's so strange, but her temp will go up to 100.6, then drop to 98.6, then up and down again, it's been fluxuating all night.
Logan is being his normal pistol self. He's super cranky yet again today, and I've got a migraine so was in no mood to deal with it. He ate a piece of cheese for lunch and some applesauce for dinner, and that's it. I don't know how he does it. Soon he's going to just waste away to nothing. I promise I'm not feeding him snacks in between...and no, he's not sneaking anything, he hasn't gotten there quite yet, but I know it's a matter of time before he gets smarter than his parents!
After he refused the delicious chicken Grandma C made for us, I offered his to Chelsea. She signed eat when I offered, so I set her in the seat tonight and was buckling the belt and she started puking all over once again. This time it wasn't a cough that turned into throwing up, it was just plain...well, you know. So I got her out and cleaned her up. I was sitting in her rocker in her room with the lights on taking her temp again before I put her down, and she fell asleep! Poor thing, she's just miserable. I did get a temp reading of 101.3 though, so we're close and I wouldn't be shocked if she spiked overnight. I'm thankful she's not rising too quickly though so I'll have plenty of time to get to Childrens in this yucky weather. Yep, you guessed it, winter storm warning here in KS!
And lastly I'm not so happy to update you on Ryan's progress, or lack there of. He apparently has caught this nasty stomach flu that's going around and has been spending quite a bit of time next to the toilet this evening. Poor guy, he can hardly open his mouth wide enough to get it out. He thinks he's going to attempt going back to work tomorrow, but I'm not so sure.
Thanks to everyone who's offered to help. At this point I would hate to expose any of you to whatever is going around my house right now, that would just be cruel. So...I appreciate the prayers and good thoughts.
My plan for tomorrow is to head on up to our clinic appointment in the morning (unless she needs to go for a fever tonight). They likely won't administer chemo since she's so sick, but at least they can check her out. You never know with this kid though, she could wake up in good spirits like she did this morning. You may think that I'm probably wanting to run away from home at this point. I'll admit, the thought has crossed my mind, but honestly, this is part of it. I'm so thankful for my health right now so I can take care of my family. I love them all to death and I'd do anything, even if I was puking right along with them. It's just part of being a mom, and that's my job. Let's just say I'm getting in lots of overtime this week!
Hello world!
3 years ago
2 comments:
Yikes again! I almost called you tonight but didn't want to disrupt if you were managing to get them all in bed. You know Abby's pukey thing is weird as well. She hasn't eaten anything but a bit of applesauce and some saltines since Saturday morning. SHe also flirts with a bit of a fever. Usually fine most of the day and the creeps up to about 100.5 or 100.8. Sometimes she runs around and plays but then seems to tire out quickly. I imagine from being up so much waiting for that test and then not feeling good. EAch day she seems a bit better though.
Hang in there with your patients. THis too shall pass! We will be thinking about you and wishing there was more we could do to help.
Here's to no rush trips to CHildren's tonight!
I just got caught up on the last few days. Praying Momma keeps her health and is able to nurse the family back to theirs! You have a lot going on and doing very well handling it all.
Hugs and prayers to the family!
Post a Comment