Once again Chelsea's counts are on the roller coaster. Here's what we got today:
ANC 180
HGB 7.6 (She got a blood transfusion today)
PLT 70
WBC (can't remember now, but they went up slightly)
So, the hundred dollar question ... is Chelsea going UP or DOWN??? Nobody really knows what her counts are doing or how long we'll be here. I told the doctor that round one lasted 20 days and round two lasted 32 days, so all he said was to expect this one to last at least 20 days. So...we're going ahead and planning on Chelsea's birthday party up here at the hospital next Thursday.
I noticed Chelsea is sounding a little gurgling tonight, the nurse said she sounded a little 'wet'. She said it was likely from the extra fluid (her blood transfusion)and it will likely sound better once she pees some fluid off. You better believe I'll keep my eye on it though.
Those of you who know me well know my creative brain never stops. For Chelsea's birthday party I'm planning the typical stuff, balloons, party hats, cake and ice cream, but I also want to plan a special birthday outfit for Chelsea too. Last year grandma embroidered "I'm ONE sweet girl" on her onesie. This year I'm trying to come up with a creative slogan for TWO. My friend Bailee (awaiting a bone marrow transplant as we speak) suggested I'm TWO cute! I really like that. Of course I want your input though!!! So leave me your comment. I know there are so many of you reading, lurking and not posting. Seriously guys, if you're reading, let me know you're there! Family, friends, friends of family...you get my point! Post if you've got a new slogan for TWO, or just to let me know you're here! Also if you have any questions about Chelsea or her treatment, ask them. I really don't mind and often we get to talking in the medical jargon and forget that not everyone knows what we're talking about. Can't wait to hear from you. I need some contact with the outside world.
Hello world!
3 years ago
30 comments:
I dont have a creative bone in my body but I think "I'm TWO cute" is great! You dont know me but I do check your blog often for updates. Hopefully Chelsea will be feeling well for her birthday bash! Does Chelsea like frosting? My twins just turned 2 and they really didnt care for the cake but licked all the frosting off and we got "Birthday cake" flavored ice cream. It has swirls of blue frosting in it. They LOVED it!
Hey Carey -It's Sharon, Marco's Mommy from T21! I do read your blog regularly, but don't really post! I am absolutely head over heels in love with your little girl! My students are, too! They always want to look at her picture and are always asking about her!
As for her birthday shirt...How about - "Here TWO party!"
Hey Carey,
I am one of those lurkers (stalkers)of Chelseas blog. We (me and my family) have fallen in love with Chelsea and pray for her and your sweet family every morning and night. You all are TWO awesome, TWO funny,TWO amazing. TWO cute really does fit your little princess. Please know how inspiring and amazing all of you really are, especially you Carey, Chelsea has an amazing mom. Robyn
Hey, I am another anonymous lurker.
I am a teen girl from Oregon, and I have to tell you how much I like your blog. I have totally fallen in love with Chelsea, and I think about her often. I have no idea about the TWO slogan, but I will probably think of something in the middle of the night. I'll let you know if I think of anything good.
Hugs! -Stella
Sounds like your getting your inputs Carey!! Now your gonna have to have a drawing or something to pick your favorite one!! Either that or your gonna be busy making alot of different shirts or hats or whatever for your baby Chelsea to wear. You could always make the party hats to each say something so you get to use all the slogans. Take care!! xxooxxooxxoo ;)
Chris A.
Hey Carey! I came out of blog lurkerdom to say that I love "Two Amazing!" My slogan just can't beat that! Chelsea is too cute, sweet, adorable, precious,you name it! You can't go wrong! Love you all~Leslee
That baby is TWO everything with just a touch of TWO onery to make her TWO cute. I can't believe she is almost two. WHere did the time go? I lov eall of the suggestions for the slogan. WHatever you pick it will be perfect I am sure. OF course from your earlier posts of her running all over it sounds like she is "TWO busy to be sick"!!!
TAlk to you soon!
Two-Cute, I like that.
"I am Two-Tastic" kinda popped into my mind.
Hello,
I'm a friend of Micah's, and I found your blog through her myspace page. I've been following your blog (lurking, I should say!) for awhile now, and I want you to know that I am pulling for little Chelsea, and for your whole family. She seems like such a vibrant, determined, beautiful little girl!
She's at CMH right? That is a wonderful place. My dad just retired from there a couple of years ago, and actually I live a block away from it.
Best,
Molly Lang
You have great suggestions so far. I'm Two Cute is adorable. Looking forward to seeing Birthday pictures. Hard to believe she is going to be two.
Prayers for Chelsea!!
Well to us she is TWO-AMAZING!!!
But we like: HERE TWO PARTY....
It fits the occasion... Give her a kiss for G&G C........
I have to toss in my vote for TWO amazing!! :)
Checking in on you guys. :)
My vote goes with Two cute! too!
I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog daily. I pray for Chelsea daily. I came accross your blog when I was following Gabi's blog. I felt like Gabi was a part of my life. When we lost her, a part of me was lost. I began reading about Chelsea shortly after and I absolutely adore this child that I've never met. You are so lucky to be her Mom. I cant imagine going through what you guys go through every day watching your daughter fight this illness, however I believe she will beat this!!!! I just feel it! Please do me a favor, although you nor Chelsea do not know me, please lean down and give that precious girl a kiss on the forehead from Rachel. I think of her everday and I just want you to know that.
God Bless you all...and thank you for sharing Chelsea's story with me.
Hi Carey ... you don't know me, but I found your blog after following a link here from someone else's blog. I am the mommy of a little girl who had Down syndrome ... Carina developed severe pulmonary complications at birth and passed away when she was 13 days old. She'd have turned 3 years old tomorrow. Needless to say, those with Down syndrome have captured a very special place in my heart ... and your sweet little Chelsea is no exception. I check here every day for updates on what you all are going through ... you, Chelsea and your entire family will continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm probably the least creative person on the planet, so I have no suggestions for a two-year-birthday slogan, though I really love "I'm TWO cute!"
There are positive thoughts and prayers coming Chelsea's way from Pennsylvania!!!
Carey, I am a lurker!! You know this though! I read the blog daily and am always thinking about you all! Take care and talk with you soon! Love, Leah and Family
I love the "two cute" idea!!
I am one of those lurkers too. I am Carol from T21. I always read but not always respond. I love the Idea of t shirt. Sending hugs your way.
Carol&Abigail
You told us to comment! It's cool to see all the "lurkers", anyways, I'm usually pretty creative, but I really like "I'm TWO cute" I guess because I'm ALWAYS saying that about Chelsea!!! :) Have fun!!! And I'm not sure if the package will make it on time! :)
Hey Carey,
I hope you are listening to all these comments about what an amazing mom you are! You have quite a following. I like both "I'm two cute" and "Here two party". Can't go wrong with either:)
Hi Carey,
I am sorry that I have not written recently but I have DEFINITELY been reading your blogs! I have been praying for you and your family numerous times every day! I think that "I'm TWO cute" works great since she is such a cutie! You should concider writing a book about you experiences. You have a real way with words that paints a picture that helps people to "see" what you are saying. :-) I am hoping to come up to CMH next week, depending on whether my family and I get completely healthy! I would love to see Chelsea again and visit with you. How well Chelsea is doing is a real credit to your vigilance in educating yourself on her care and caring so deeply about her welfare. You get two thumbs up as a mom!
Debbie Wolgast
I'm one of those 'lurkers'. I found your blog via a T21 blog of someone I know. Then when I saw the diagnosis for Chelsea I began checking every day since I am in the medical field and worked as an oncology nurse and as a 'specialist in the Hematology lab' (dual degrees). I have seen alot of people win this ugly war against leukemia-so while it gets frustrating and scary- Chelsea's chances for cure are good and before you know it- she will be ready to go out on a 'date'. Especially now- there is no stopping individuals with Down syndrome and a strong support system-which Chelsea definitely has. Extra prayers are being said for all of you.
Jazzercise Vicky is always here for you!
Another lurker here ; ) My name is Mindy and I'm a T21 mom. Jonas is nearly 8 months old now. I also have 3 other kiddos. One of which has Autism. I think I found your blog as I was doing some T21 browsing one day. I'm so glad I did. I pray for you guys often. Thanks so much for sharing your journey.
Mindy <><
http://churchillchronicles.blogspot.com
Carey,
I like TWO for me! I am so glad that the lurkers came out!!!!!!!!!! I have left comments, but did not know if you read them. Therefore I will try to leave so more thoughts and prayers with you. You will have to communicate with me and I will be glad to come and spell you for a while. I was off today, but thought I would be intruding as Ryan and Logie will be there tonight. Just let me know what you need, I am always here for since you were 10. Give Chelsea a big kiss from Grandma Nora
yay im excited...
my idea is winning :)
love you girls
Hi! My name is Dora and I have been reading your blog for a while. You seem to be an amazing mother and I am praying for your girl!
I vote for "I'm TWO-rrific"
Dora
I was in bed this morning, trying to think of a catchy slogan with "two" in it when I thought, why not just use all of the ideas you have already gotten?? Wouldn't it be "TWO cute" to have a little shirt that had the phrases all scattered all over the front of the shirt? Or it would be cute to have a big number 2 on the front and all the phrases on the back? You could mix it it a bit with using "two" and "2" (I'm TWO cute and Here 2 party!). Whatever you decide TWO do, I can't want TWO see it.
Glad that you are having a good week end. I hope she does not get an infection.
Carol
YA! your home. I came up yesterday night to talk to you and they said you were gone. Of course I asked "are you sure?" what are you hiding them?" I was so shocked and happy at the same time. I will probably, more than likely, still be here when you guys return. Have a happy time at home.
Carey,
Hi. It's Holly, Claire's mom, from the T21 site. I, too, read daily, but never post. I love the TWO Cute and Here TWO Party! That Sharon is so creative!! Anyhow, I pray for you and Chelsea and think of you daily. You are a great mom and I so admire your strength. Wishing Chelsea a wonderful birthday in two days! How great that you're able to be home!!!
Take care,
Holly
Post a Comment