Thursday, January 17, 2008

Milkshakes for Dinner

So you wanna play by play? Ha! I'll have to make it quick, I can't leave my family alone for more than a few minutes at a time!

* Ryan's surgery went well, they said they were impacted really bad, he'll be hurting.
* We got home around 3pm, Ryan's hurting, gave him strong pain meds.
* At 4 he asked when he could have his meds again ;) He said he's never been in so much pain in his life.
* My dad came over to search for firewood in the back...there is none :o) Oh yeah, and it's 11 degrees outside right now, yikes! Dad left (with a van full of laundry...read previous post from last night re: laundry.)
* Thank you Grandma and Grandpa C. for bringing over (and unloading) a truckload of wood...whew!
* While they're here, Chelsea gets warm, up to 99.8, but subsides once I give her some applesauce and a milkshake (and remains normal, whew!)
* Logan's fever had crept to 103.6, so Grandma threw him in a cool tub and he screamed bloody murder. He hopped out about as quickly as she threw him in! Helped a little with the fever, but the dose of tylenol is keeping it around 100 for now. Oh the milkshake helped him too! (Thank God for ice cream. My 7pm milkshake with the kids was the first thing I've eaten since Cheerios this morning!)
* Finally at 7 Ryan got more pain meds. Grandparents feel good about leaving me with my "patients" but I call their cell urgently before they even pull out of the driveway. Ryan's puking. This can't be good. Thank goodness Grandma could stay so I could run to WalMart and get the anti nausea script filled. She also stayed while I debated over what to do over Logan.
* Logan's has been having lots of coughing fits. I really thought he was retracting while breathing, and although I don't fully understand it, I know it's bad, so I made another call into the nurse. She explained retractions more to me and maybe he's not, there's no way to know for sure, but for now his respirations are okay, he's resting (off and on) so she said if I'm comfortable we can wait until his appt tomorrow...12:45...poor kid.
* Ryan's beginning to look like a chipmunk.

The end. My two boys are due for their meds, so off I go. Wishing for a restful night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez! Yep, you have alot going on. Ryan will get through it, I had all four wisdom teeth pulled (on my b-day) and that same day took a trip up to Tenn to go hiking, ended up with dry-socket. Anyways, Elise just went through a cold with a temp of 104.7 I just wiped her forehead with a wet cloth and gave her tylenol, there really isn't any reason to put your son in a cool tub, acually such a change in temp for him could cause problems. I hope Chelsea is enjoying her present!
Things will be o.k, just let it roll off your back.

Anonymous said...

I am sory everyone is not feeling well. I hope everyone is better today.Glad you have such a great family that helps you out. Take care of yourself so you do not get sick. So far knock on wood kids are healthy. Abigail had pink eye but that was quickly taken care of. Hope all are better today.
Carol&Abigail

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

WOW - you have way to much going on. I hope everyone starts feeling better today and Ryan recovers from his wisdom teeth extraction (which is no fun, I remember mine all to well).

I hope you manage to stay healthy and maybe even get a nap in!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Oh man! Wisdom teeth suck! I had all 4 of mine pulled and it wasn't too too bad, but Frank was in a LOT of pain when he had his done. I hope he feels better soon. I hope Logan is on the mend soon too, poor kid! And I hope Chelsea has stopped throwing up now! AND I hope you don't catch it! Good thing you've had informal medical training! LOL

Kari said...

Oh No what a mess!! I hope everyone gets feeling better and you don't get it! Praying for you everyday!

Anonymous said...

Aww-Praying for you, and praying that everyone feels better soon including you because I know you're exhausted! Been in a similar situation myself right after giving birth. Hope it all ends soon.

I hope that little spunky Chelsea is doing great during all of this!

I don't know you, but If I lived close I would do something to help you and your family, but I don't so I will pray for you all;)

amanda
MB, SC