things were under control...ha! I even had the nurse practicioner talked into IV fluids at home this morning! BUT, when we went to the pediatrician to follow up we got some news that finalized what our course of action will be. Her blood cultures from last night are showing a gram positive infection in her blood, which requires IV antibiotics (which means she needs to be admitted to the hospital). We had a choice to drive an hour and go to Children's or to stay at the local hospital. If we went to Children's they wouldn't even let us on the oncology floor b/c of the RSV, so either way we would be stuck on a floor with a bunch of sick kids w/ fevers and RSV, and we opted to just stay local and be closer to home (this means I can come home to shower if I need to!) So no chemo, now, or for a while. We have to get this all cleared up first.
Well that's my story and we're headed out now. We'll be at Stormont Vail for those of you who are local. I'm hoping as soon as they figure out exactly what the infection is and what antibiotics she needs they'll send us home and let me do the IV antibiotics at home. If there's any problem though, or if it's an extra icky infection we're looking at 7-10, or 14 days max. I'll track down a computer once I get there and update when I can!
Hello world!
3 years ago
6 comments:
Oh Carey - I was hopeful to hear better news this afternoon. Praying Chelsea is taken well care of and relieved of the infection soon.
Hugs to you friend!
Dang, dang, dang! I too was hoping for better news. At least you are a bit closer to home. Call me if you need anything. Give her a squeeze for me.
Love to you all.
well damn!!! i hope you can get to the bottom of this so miss sweet pea can start feeling better. keep me posted and call if you need anything!
Carey
We are saying many prayers for you!!!
Blessings - Amy, Colby & Cade
darn it all to heck.....i will say an extra prayer for chels today and for you to stay well.
Sending more prayers your way!
Kristine
Post a Comment