Chelsea's doing great today...as active as ever. We'll get labs in the morning, but who ever knows what they will say?!!! My little munchkin was running around this morning with a cape on. She was desperately trying to put her blanket over her shoulders like big brother, so I tied it on and let her 'fly' through the halls. Have I ever told you about her 'open door' policy? Chels has this rule that if your door is open, she will go in. That is why I end up knowing all of the families up here on 4 Henson. I'm constantly chasing her into other patients rooms, then apologizing. They usually laugh and smile at her, then we get to talking. You know me, I'm all about chit chat, so it's rare for someone to get out of here without meeting us. On the bright side it keeps things interesting around here.
I was able to get Ryan in for surgery to remove those pesky wisdom teeth on the 17th. I really hope we're out of here by then so I can take him. That will be almost a month from the start of chemo, so barring no fevers we should be home sweet home.
One last thought for the day. A friend and I were thinking about joining a fitness program online but we would need to recruit team members. The fun part of it is the team can be spread out from all over... so check it out. www.livehealthyamerica.com If you're interested leave a comment so I can put together a team. Don't forget to leave your email address for me.
Another thought we had was to organize a little friendly competition ourselves. I'm thinking maybe couples vs. couples (or if your single, just grab a partner.) If you're interested or have any ideas on how to organize something among friends...in different states, throw it out there. Maybe if everyone throws in a little money (I know we're all broke, so a very little) the winning couple could get a night in a fancy hotel or something fun like that.
Can you tell I'm going a little stir crazy here? P.S. this is also a little hint to my very generous family members that keep bringing me fattening food...we like to be spoiled, but try to make it healthy, K? Thanks, and love you all!
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
I love hearing good news about Chelsea. I can see her now running into open doors. Very cute!
I'm up for a friendly competition....anything to get me motivated. Count me in. I'll check out the website. My email is rayfamily02@yahoo.com
Count me in as well. I need something to motivate me and if others are involved maybe that will do it. My email is karenb526@aol.com. I would love to come meet Chels...she sounds like she is full of energy. (dont we wish we could bottle some of it)
YES!!!!!!!!!!! I will join you in the Live Healthy America group! I do post with Kitty and Shannon on T21, but any more encouragement and support certainly can't hurt! My e-mail address is sharrae@verizon.net. Keep me posted!
Sharon
haha Kennedy had the open door policy too! She made so many friends there... and I did too. Social kids we have! I hope you got pics of her flying through the hallway!
My resolution is to get Kennedy potty trained!!! I also have to lose weight... I'd like to at least lose 20 pounds by May when Frank comes home for R&R... that's do-able right?! *sigh*
Post a Comment