Chelsea had labs drawn on Monday. When we left the hospital they ordered a trough to be drawn also. This is an extra tube of blood that they draw so they can check the levels of the antibiotic she is receiving. They didn't specifiy when to draw this blood, so of course they called yesterday and told us we need to do it again, 1/2 hour before her next dose of antibiotic was due. This meant my mom had to pick up another tube, drive out to the house last night, draw the blood and return it to the lab. In the meantime we were directed to hold off on any more IV antibiotics until we get the results. The nurse called this morning and everything was fine, so we resumed her antibiotics...but once again we're off schedule. Now I'm awake, awaiting her next dose, 10:45. Of course that means I'll have to stay up another hour until it's done so I can flush her line. I'm extremely tired though and for the third night in a row I have a killer headache.
In case your wondering, the rest of her labs looked great:
ANC 5160
HBG 12.5
PLT 488,000
WBC 6.7 (this is a record!!! she's actually in the "normal" range)
So although the labs look good, they indicate that it's time to knock out her bone marrow again. We're scheduled for clinic on Tuesday and the nurse told me today she's planning on an RSV test first thing before we begin any treatments.
It looks like the snow is coming in...hopefully not too much. I'm teaching Jazzercise in the morning. Can't wait to get to bed!
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
ha-I am up posting tonight as well, waiting to give TUcker his last dose of his tube feed. I am jealous-I want to Jazzersize too. I love aerobics but lack motivation to jump around the basement by myself-if Tuck could walk and jump around he would be a good partner I am sure. I hope you sleep well. I am glad Chels is on the mend.
Hi Carey,
You sound extremely tired in your blog. I hope you got some much needed sleep last night. It looks like most of the snow missed Lawrence last night. I hope you all in Topeka were as lucky!
Kristine
Carey, I hope you got some good rest last night when you were finished with Chels. Sounds like you are tired!
What can I do to help? We will be back in town tomorrow so just let me know what you need.
Give her a squeeze for me.
Glad to see Chelsea is getting better!
Hi Carey, was checking in on my girls. Hope Chelsea is feeling better and her labs are where they need to be. And you Missy, please please please try to get some rest. I know it's easy for me to tell you than it is actually for you to do. But I don't want you to get so run down that you end up really sick. I was happy to hear you were doing something for yourself and hope you enjoyed jazzercise. Sending lots of hugs to you and Chelsea. Terry & Noah
Post a Comment