What was it that I said last night, Chelsea never catches anything? Boy oh Boy was I setting myself up. Take a look at how our night went.
9:30pm- Run into Chelsea's room, she's vomiting profusely...blue yogurt...uck! I hold her until she's done, clean her up, change her as Ryan changes her bed. Have I mention Chelsea likes to sleep with 5+ blankets and tons of stuffed animals? Yuck!! Within 10 minutes she's cleaned and back to sleep.
10:00- Check Logan before going to bed, he's hot, 101, so I give him some Tylenol to control the fever for a few hours.
11:00- "Mommy, I can't sleep" I already know this b/c I'm awake listening to him cough. Give him benedryl to help dry things up and control the cough, then I crawl into bed with him to assess the situation. Yikes, his hands are hot to the touch...102.6 under the arm. How does that happen, he had tylenol an hour ago...off to call the nurse. Logan and I sat out on the couch for a while waiting and then talking to the nurse. She's concerned about his cough, but I assure her he's breathing fine. As long as the fever doesn't hit 105, he's fine at home. She said if you give Tylenol while the fever is on it's way up, sometimes it continues to rise anyways. Following her recommendation, I run a luke warm bath for Logan. He hates it, he's shivering, so we get out quickly, but we managed to bring the temp down to 99.6. Ahhh, back to bed, finally, at 12:15.
12:30 - Guess what?! Chelsea's puking again! More blue yogurt. This time she wasn't sitting up, but laying on her back, so she's covered literally, her front, her back, more yuck! Round 2, I comfort, help her until she's finished, and Dad changes the bed...again. This time there's no avoiding a bath, and in her world a bath is no small feat. It means press n seal, tape, etc. So once her Hickman is covered I plop her in the tub. She's smiling ear to ear. Bath time at midnight, woohoo! Clearly she feels fine and is ready to play. I still call the oncology nurse (call #2 to Children's Mercy in one night). As long as she doesn't have a fever she's fine. Watch for wet diapers and call the oncologist in the morning if it doesn't stop. Okay.
*As I'm bathing Chelsea, Ryan comes in and says Logan still has a fever. Hmmmm...really? Dad has no idea I just got done bathing him and calling his nurse. I am glad to know he got a little bit of sleep though amidst all the drama.
FINALLY, to bed!!!
2am - "Mommy, I peed my pants!" Seriously!!!! Bless his heart Dad was actually up and in there before me. I truly thought I was dreaming when I heard that. So we tag teamed once again cleaning up and changing sheets.
And yes, that was the end of our night. We did get to sleep after that. But Logan was in bright and early to wake me up, "I'm hungry mommy." Did he touch his breakfast? Nope. Sigh.
So now I'm sitting her writing when I should be getting ready to take Ryan to get his wisdom teeth pulled. I should also call the dr. just to see what they say about Logan. He's still got a little fever, 100. Oh, did I mention I was so far behind on laundry before last night that we didn't even have clean pajamas. Now let's add three full bed changes to that. Can you say laundry mat? So I leave you with this.
I just had to copy this from one of my readers comments. How's your attitude today?
Attitude
Author unknown
There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. “Well,” she said, “I think I’ll braid my hair today!”
So she did and she had a wonderful day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
“H-M-M,” she said, “I think I’ll part my hair down the middle today!”
So she did and she had a grand day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.
“Well,” she said, “today I’m going to wear my hair in a pony tail.”
So she did and she had a fun, fun day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn’t a single hair on her head.
“YEA!” she exclaimed, “I don’t have to fix my hair today!”
Attitude is everything.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly…..
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
Carey,
AMEN to your Attitude story!! I really hope your day was a WHOLE lot better than your night. Prayers your way-hoping tonight is MUCH better.
Chris & Eddy
Oh man, what a night! Praying you ALL get a good night's rest tonight!
Oh my goodness, thanksfully DH was there to tag team. (Mine travels and we know thats when those nights would happen)
Hoping all was better today and will be tonight.
OMG Carey!! I wish I could help. Tucker has chicken pox or I would track myself right down and do your laundry. Hang in there. Is there any errands or something I can do without direct contact? Let me know please...email me.
LOVED the attitude story - going to print it and read it and send it to my girls! Prayers and thoughts your way from an old Hillcrest friend... Jennifer Wyatt
Post a Comment