So I'll be the first one to admit, I don't always catch on as quickly as others do. It took a phone call to my mother to put the pieces of this puzzle together. Logan's fever has continued all day, fluctuating between 100-102. Miraculously his little sister (you know the one who's got a life threatening disease) continues to bounce around as always and is presently attempting to hurdle the side of her play pen. My fingers crossed she doesn't catch this bug. Logan keeps saying he's dizzy and I was thinking, that's weird, I wonder if he has cancer too. (yes, bizarre things like that run through my head these days, I was tempted to call the dr. and request a ct scan) Mom suggests maybe he's got fluid in his ears. Oh yes, that's a realistic possibility. You see I don't think either of my kids have ever even had an ear infection (I attribute that to breastfeeding!) So just now it clicks...I remember Logan telling us a few days ago, "It feels like I have kleenex in my ears." Now the possibility of fluid in his ears is sounding like the culprit...ahhh, deep breath. I think I can do fluid in the ears, I can't do cancer again though! Now, to figure out how to get him into the doctor tomorrow while shuttling Ryan to the hospital to get his teeth pulled. Oh and did I mention my neutropenic daughter can't accompany me...hospitals and doctors offices are the last place she's allowed to go! Deep breath number two, we'll figure it out, we always do.
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
I breastfeed Keeghan and he's had a never-ending ear infection. Kass and Kam had them too... some babies are just so unlucky that way!
I hope you can get everyone shuffled around where they need to be tomorrow. We will pray Logan feels MUCH better soon!
Sorry to hear Logan is not feeling well. You seriously need to talk to your doctors about getting Chelsea neupogen shots to bring her numbers up! I absolutely hate that Ashlyn has to be poked nearly every day (while in the hospital) but it gives her immune system a boost! Praying for you guys!
Nicki
Since Logan isn't screaming in pain, you can do ear infections! Praise the Lord and pass the antibiotics.
Susan
I think you've got every reason in the world to have those fears. I have even thought cancer with my own kids a few times- Jeremy with a lump on his neck, and Gabi with leg pains causing her not to be able to walk one day. I think it's only natural for us to have those fears as a mother. And just remember that it was that fear that caused you to get Chelsea checked out when you did and you caught it early.
It sure does sound like an ear infection though. I hope he's on the mend quickly.
So I recently found your site.. and I thought of you when I found this link. (sorry I think you'd have to copy and paste it)
http://managingautism.com/reflections-on-autism/attitude
It's a poem about attitude and outlook and reading about Chelsea has been very inspiring. It's amazing and she's unstoppable. I think that yourself and your family have an incredible attitude about everything and Chelsea is just the cutest little girl ever!!! I think the most important thing is that she's loved for who she is and who she'll be.. and not what you want her to be or do.. awesome!
-Molly
Ear infections are a piece of cake! I swear Colby was born with one and didn't get rid of it until tubes at the age of 1. Once you get on the amoxycillin, recovery is a breeze!! Best of luck today getting everybody shuttled around. I wish I didn't have to work so I could come hang out with Chelsea!
Kristine
Geez girl, will it ever stop for you? I wish we could come hang out today but we are heading to Children't Mercy here in just a little bit. I hope Logan is feeling better soon. THe good news is if it is an ear infection CHelsea will be fine.
Praying for you guys!
Chan
Post a Comment