Sunday, December 02, 2007

You Get What You Get

So I am completely boggled over Chelsea's labs this morning, wondering if Ryan read them wrong over the phone...just kidding, he checked the date! Her ANC has gone back down to 10! We had an ANC of 10, 10, 20, 20, and now 10 today. I really don't think they're going to let us go home until it rises two days consecutively. So, my hopes of coming home tomorrow may have been dissolved for now, but I've got to stay positive that it will be soon. I guess I need to pay tribute to Logan's new mantra, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." If only he followed that rule a little more often! So I'm accepting, that yes, this sucks. But do you want to know the optimistic side of it all? IF she continues to progress this slowly, there's a chance she won't recover in time for round 3 by Christmas. That means we may have a chance of Christmas at home! Her doctor doesn't think so, but I know Chelsea, she takes her sweet time at everything, including recovering from chemo! Keep those prayers coming that we'll be homeward bound this week. Thanks!

7 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Continued prayers headed your way!

I love Logan's mantra, I remember D saying the same thing a couple years ago.

Anonymous said...

My hubby's mantra is "it is what it is" but I like Logan's better - especially the "don't throw a fit" part!

Praying that you'll be home soon and that Christmas works out the way you're hoping!

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

That little stinker, she is going to make sure Santa finds you at home after all.

More prayers headed your way!

Michelle said...

Sending prayers that you are homeward bound this week and are home for Christmas! Can't wait to see what Santa brings Miss Chelsea.

Hope you are feeling better and getting rest.

Unknown said...

I too am sending prayers that you all can be home for Christmas together! Chad is off next week so if you need somebody to sit with Chelsea on Monday or Friday so you can do some Christmas shopping, just let me know!
Kristine

Anonymous said...

Praying for homecoming this week!!

Kari said...

I hope you make it home this week! Sending prayers!