So Logan has another snow day again tomorrow, three days in a row. Had I known he'd miss all week of school I wouldn't have kept him home the three days prior!
The nurse from Children's Mercy called today and told us not to come in for our appointment tomorrow...she said Chelsea's not ready yet....Really??? Anyways we rescheduled for next Thursday. I can almost certainly guarantee that she won't be ready then, short of a miracle.
I have to share the latest family news. We have had a truly monumental event take place at our house this morning. If you don't have kids, or you only check the blog for Chelsea updates, you may want to stop reading here. Warning, may be graphic! (I warned you!)
Let me set the scene. Logan, since toilet training...each time he needs to go, there's an announcement. No matter what you're doing, playing, eating, in the car, it comes from nowhere, "I gotta go pee!" or "I've gotta poop!" It's pretty cute, he's truly enthusiastic about his bathroom trips! Then there's the whole bathroom situation. The upstairs bathroom is off limits, it's Chelsea's bathroom, so no boys are allowed to pee up there for fear they might not hit the toilet, KWIM? So my little four year old is quite the outdoors man, so do you know what he does instead of running downstairs? Yep you got it, right out the front door off the porch! You might be asking, in the snow, in the ice? Yep, in the snow and ice...no shoes, in his jammies, heck sometimes in his undies only he's out there peeing!
Now, when he's got to do the other, he announces because he wants to be sure we come down to wipe him. When he's done, it's routine for him to yell, at the top of his lungs, "I POOOO....OOOOPED!" He has no shame. We have had many guests over ask, what is he yelling? He's also been known to holler while I'm within earshot on the telephone. Well for the last couple of months we've been working on him wiping himself. I've been quite concerned he'll be held back from Kindergarten b/c he can't wipe! He's been totally traumatized by this, and will sit there and absolutely refuse to do it. Lately I've started a compromising technique...you try once, then I'll finish for you.
Okay so on to my story. Today we were upstairs and he announced, "I've gotta go poop!" I give him the usual, "uh, okay, GO!" Would you believe his response???!!! ... "Okay, you stay up here, I'll be right back." thump thump thump (the sounds of little footsteps hurrying down the stairs.) Can you imagine my surprise. What? He wants me to wait up here?! Sure enough a few minutes later he runs back upstairs with a big old grin on his face. "Did you do it? Did you wipe all by yourself?" "yep, I did it all by myself!" What, YEAH!!!!
(FYI, you know I made him drop him to check, and yep, he did it all by himself!) This was one of those milestones I never thought we'd get to. It was one of those, we've got to call Daddy at work and tell him about this milestones! Daddy was equally enthusiastic!
Labs tomorrow!
Hello world!
3 years ago
8 comments:
Way to go Logan! Can you come for a visit and teach Nate to simply go.....these pull ups are getting old.
You started my day with a chuckle!!
I didn't think our five year old was ever going to wipe herself either, but somehow by miracle she started about a month before school started!! Way to go Logan!!
Hi Carey - You probably don't remember me,Stephanie Schmitz, but I live around the corner on 39th and Kincaid. Anyway, Logan's poop story cracked me up and I had to write back to you. I've been through it all with my four boys. My youngest, Ethan, is the same way. He's in Kindergarten and I never thought he'd take care of himself. He also asks each time he has to go to the bathroom. Well last week he really cracked us up. He went to the bathroom and hollered "I pooped" We said well so, wipe yourself. He let out this big sigh and said "But I've been doing it all the time!" After we stopped laughing I went ahead and helped him. I thought he deserved it at that point. We've been praying for you all - you're doing an amazing job!
Stephanie Schmitz
Yea Logan!!! Nothing more exciting than a kid wiping on his own. Every once in a while Gracie still needs help:)
LOL! I still tease my 15 yr old that when he was done, he would yell for the whole house to hear,"I'm reeeeeeadyyyyyyyyy!" But I would so prefer that to what Gabi does, "She refuses to let me come in and 90% of the time she won't wipe AT ALL!!! I have tried and tried, but can't get her to do it. Any suggestions for me??? I may even have to put this on the board now that I am thinking about it to get some ideas.
Yeah Logan! You know the first time Abby did it I went in to check her and there wasn't any TP in the toilet. I looked it the trash and none there. I kept asking here are you sure you wiped and she would say, "yes, Mommy" Fiinally, I said, "Well if you wiped where is the paper?" Her reply, "I didn't use paper. I used this" Then she proceeded to hold up her hand!!! Oh course, I was totally grossed out. She then piped up with, "Its okay Mommy I washed it when I was done!"
Kids!!!!
Hope you guys are enjoying the time home.
I ended up here and i´m completely enchanted. Your baby girl is the cutest!!! Loved her "watch me grow".
:)
WAY TO WIPE LOGAN!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!
Post a Comment