Monday, December 10, 2007

Sleep Tight

I apologize now, but I don't have any labs to report. Mom came out after Chelsea's nap and didn't get back to the hospital until early evening. I'm sure we'll hear something early in the morning. She was going to try to draw labs during her nap, but I selfishly asked her to wait until afterwards as I was hoping to catch a nap too. Logan had other plans though. I haven't been sleeping well I'm just completely stressed. I know I need to take myself out of this world and just enjoy and relax while I'm home, but it's next to impossible. I lay awake in bed thinking about all the things I didn't get done, everything I need to do the next day and then there's the worrying about Chelsea and her health, and even Logan. Ryan gets up at 5:30 am to get ready for work and wakes Logan about 6:00am for school. He coughs so much in the morning I wake up, and today I just couldn't go back to sleep. I had this awful feeling about the day. It snowed/iced a bit on Sunday morning and the roads were clear this morning, but I just didn't feel right. I finally got up and told Ryan I was worried and I didn't want Logan on the roads today, he said that was fine and he crawled back in bed with me (Logan, not Ryan.)

Tonight we're expecting a major ice storm. Ryan's boss told him to plan on staying home tomorrow unless for some reason we get nothing. The governor has already declared a state of emergency. We're prepared for whatever we get. I survived a horrible ice storm in Kansas City five years ago. We had no electricity for a week, school was out too. For a couple of days we were literally trapped in our house b/c trees were downed in the middle of the street and you couldn't go anywhere.

I've decided I'm going to give in and just take something to help me sleep tonight, I need a good night's rest. I'm also going to try to stay focused on what I am thankful for and not stress about things I can't control. Our family and friends have been wonderful throughout this ordeal, we couldn't ask for more. Ryan has a great job with all the flexibility he could ever need, AND I have two of the most beautiful and healthy (looking) kiddos in the world. We have a cozy, clean house with a big yard. In fact my mom asked what we needed for Christmas and I could say, truly, nothing. I have everything I could ever want and need right here under our roof. So good night for now, I'm going to go love on these wonderful people in the next room.

6 comments:

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

You know my grandma has a saying that I like to think of when I am feeling the way you are describing. She always says, "don't go looking for trouble, it will find you on its own" I think that means a lot. Even though it is hard to stop worrying it is a skill we all have to master in order to really live.

So, go get a good nights sleep and some special love from your family. Enjoy the fact that you are all home together during this storm and not half of you in KC and the other half in Topeka. Things always look better after some sleep.

Call if you need a friendly voice!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

It can be hard to shut off at night anyway, let alone when you have so much that you could lay and think about. Hope you get a good night's rest! I'm kind of hoping for one myself. :o)

Michelle said...

Carey - I hope you get a good nights rest! I know there are so many things to think of but hopefully you will have some peace this evening and get zzz's. Praying you don't get hit hard with an ice storm. Yikes. Please give your beauties a kiss from us!!

The Bryant Family said...

I hope you can get a good rest. I know how our minds play tricks on us. A good friend of mine told me to picture a neverending brick wall. Nothing in and nothing out. If your mind starts wondering again, go back to that brick wall. It actually works. I use it often when I have so much on my plate. Just a thought. Enjoy your day with Ryan. Make cookies or play games all day in your jammies. You are in my thoughts!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I hope you were able to get some sleep. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to wind down and get some rest!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I hope your feeling more rested now and less stressed too. I hope your weather gets better soon.