When I woke up Monday morning I knew even if Chelsea's counts had risen, there was no way we were going home. The deal was they had to rise two days consecutively. Apparently just when you least expect it ... they send you home. Her ANC had risen so much since Sunday (from 10 to 90!!!), they felt good about sending us home. Yep, she had her last round of antibiotics at 4pm and after signing some papers, clearing up some prescription problems in the pharmacy and three wagon loads to the car, we were set! Of course as soon as we hit the road I realized we needed gas. It was dark already and did I mention it was 5:30 rush hour in Kansas City? Ugh! But we made it. About halfway home Chelsea started crying so I was deseprately tuning in some good children's music to cheer her up. At one point I was actually doing the chicken dance while driving just to keep her spirits up! I picked up Logan on the way home at Grandma and Grandpa's. None of them knew we were even leaving the hospital. Boy were they surprised! Logan and Sissy were so cute on the way home, they were smiling ear to ear and holding hands. I had to pull over and snap this shot.
Daddy greeted us at the door and had dinner ready so we could eat together as a family. I can't tell you how nice that was...to have us all together at home!
My little munchkin was sure glad to sleep in her own bed.
She slept all night, I didn't hear a peep until 8:30! Then she took a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon. To be honest, I'm wearing my pajamas...from last night still! Hey I figure why not, it's not like I'm going anywhere! We're pretty much stuck at home until her counts rise to a safer level. I was going to keep Logan home some time this week, but he told me last night, "I'm the leader at school ... ALL WEEK!" So... unless we have bad weather this week, I guess I'll wait until next week and then I'll let him skip some school and stay home with us! Our next appointment in the clinic is Thursday, Dec. 13. I seriously doubt we'll be anywhere near the 1,000 we need to be to start round 3. We'll do labs every Monday and Thursday to see where we stand while we're at home. I'll leave you with more pictures of our homecoming.
***You might notice in a couple of the pictures she is quite the balding beauty! Stay tuned as we're in the process of planning a 'head shaving' party! While laying in bed with Logan last night, he asked, "when we shave sissy's head, will her hair grow back?" I assured him it would,then he asked what was really on his mind, "will mine grow back too?" Of course!!! I think he's excited to shave it with sissy, but a little reluctant!
Hello world!
3 years ago
13 comments:
Oh I'm so glad you updated and that she finally got to go home. Though I am jealous that they let you go with her ANC so low. She looks wonderful and I bet her ANC will skyrocket now that she is home like Ashlyn's did. That is sweet that Logan is willing to shave his head for his sissy, my boys said NO WAY! lol! Take care,
Nicki and Ashlyn
cp: ashlynnichole
I was so happy to see the update this evening. Thanks for posting pictures of Chelsea. I needed my fix!! I love her haircut. They did a great job. Enjoy your time with Chelsea at home. Huge hugs to Chelsea and Logan - he is a great big brother.
WHOOO HOOOO!!! The chicken dance amid KC rush hour traffic!! Aren't you the brave one...lol. SO GLAD you all are home. Take care and let us know if you need anything...
Chris and Eddy and family
Oh Carey, I am so happy you are finally home. And thank you so much for sharing some recent photos...I was starting to have withdraws, you know I love to have my Chelsea fix, as I am sure many others would agree!
And how cute is Logan worrying about sissy and her hair. You are blessed with 2 of the sweetest little darlings, enjoy being at home with them...You and Ryan are pretty amazing too;)
Your are always in our thoughts and prayers. Miss you all!
I am so glad that you are home. Both your kids are so sweet. Chelsea is so lucky to have a graet brother . I love the one in the car.
Caro &Abigail
That picture in the car gave me goosebumps. You have to frame that one to bring back and forth with you when you have to stay at the hospital again. It's just priceless. I'm so happy that you're home! She looks so cozy in her own bed. Give her a big kiss from Garrett!
Chelsea looks GREAT!! I like the bob hair cut. I am so glad you go to go home!! The picture of Logan and Chels holding hands is ADORABLE. I know Logan is happy to have you home. You are always in my thoughts....
She looks great - that picture of the two holding hands is too sweet!
I'm so glad you are all home together. Enjoy!!
Carey, What wonderful news that Chelsea is finally back home. The picture of her and Logan in the car was priceless. Enjoy your time with the family and give Chelsea and her sweet caring brother Logan a bunch of hugs for me.
I'm so glad that you are home and she slept so good in her bed! What a relief! I'll keep you in my prayers! She is such a cutie!!!
I was actually thinking it wasn't very thin. How neat a shaving party. Glad you all are home. And you wear your pajamas as long as you like!
Oh Carey- I have happy tears! She is such a doll baby.
Sooo glad you are home!!! Praying that Chelsea's counts will recover and that you get to enjoy your time at home together! I love all the pictures - especially the one of Chelsea and Logan holding hands - how precious is that!
Thinking of your cute girl and keeping her in our prayers!
Post a Comment