Chelsea has gone down hill quite a bit today. She woke up in the middle of the night crying and I figured she was in pain. We gave her a dose of oxycodone and that got her through the night. Then today she was extra fussy and just not herself, so we've given her more oxycodone to get through the day. There was one point she wouldn't even walk. She just stood there with her hands up. I think it's pretty normal to not want to walk when you're feeling crummy from chemo, but most kids stay in their room and just hang out. Not Chelsea. It's like her mind wants to go go go, and her body is telling her no. She wanted to run up and down the halls, but she wanted me to carry her. Then tonight she wanted to eat some of our chicken strips so we gave her small pieces. She always chews her food, spits it out and then eat it again, and I noticed a piece of the chicken was bloody tonight. So, clearly she's got some sores in there, it's just that we can't always see them. Her mouth was bleeding again when Ryan brushed her teeth. I guess we'll keep her on pain meds for a while to keep her comfortable. Today was day 8, so it's expected that she'll be bottoming out any time now and feeling pretty crummy. Here we go again! Labs in the morning, I'll update then.
Hello world!
3 years ago
10 comments:
aww poor chels... i hope she starts feeling better soon! give her a hug from us here in iowa!
Chelsea,
Hugs and Kisses from Grandma Nora. It is okay to feel yucky, Mommy knows what to do for you. Pain meds are good, that way they sores will not feel as bad. Keep up being her advocate Mom, you know her so well. She is lucky she has you for her voice. Keep the faith.
Oh man that is no fun! I keep her in our prayers as always!
Big Hugs from us......
I'm so sorry she's had a rough day! We are sending her get well hugs and prayers!
Sending many hugs from all of us: Michelle, Jeff, Elliot, Nora and Isaac! Saying special New Years prayers for you, dear little missy, and for your mom, dad and brother too!
Stay strong and feel better really soon.
Poor Chelsea! I'm sorry she's not feeling well! I hate that about chemo! Do they have magic mouthwash there?! It worked wonders on Kennedy with her mucousitis! I can get you the ingredients if you want, just email me!
Aw, poor baby! I hope she's feeling better soon! The magic mouthwash is a great idea - I used it for an abcess a couple years ago.
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas too!! Glad Chelsea was able to enjoy it.
Awww, Chelsea, we hope you're feeling better soon.
Jeanne and Joshua
Sweet Chelsea we hope you are feeling better. Sorry you are feeling so crummy. I know your Mom and Dad will make sure you feel better. Noah suggests maybe a little ice cream might soothe your mouth( or whatever your favorite treat is) Noah loves to share daddy's fudge pops at night.
We think of you and your family often. I love how you keep your spirits up even though you feel so crummy.......you go girl!
Terry & Noah
I am thinking of you....and will say a special prayer.
Post a Comment