Thursday, December 27, 2007

Chelsea's doing great, it's so weird that we're even here. It's like noone would ever know she's sick! We did labs this morning:

ANC 400 (and dropping)
HBG 9.7
PLTS 124,000
WBC .78

So.....everythings still looking good. I'm guessing she'll bottom out by Sunday or Monday and start needing transfusions. For right now we're just hanging out tormenting the nurses and other patients. She is getting some mucousitis though. I can tell b/c she's drooling EVERYWHERE! I can't keep her bibs clean. She threw up last night and it was all mucous (sorry for the details)...but it does tell me she's got some sores in there somewhere. We can't see them in her mouth, so there likely further down somewhere. There's really not much we can do except keep her on vanc paste. For now she's still eating, but I would expect her to slow down once she bottoms out. I'll admit, I kind of like her slobbery kisses...except in my ear, yuck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carey

Ashlyn threw up that mucousy stuff in gobs while we were home. There was so much she was gagging on it trying to get it out. Not sure about the drooling though, Ash hasn't done that. I hope that Chelsea continues to do well and her counts start to get back up soon.

Nicki and Ashlyn

The Foley Five said...

She is such a good girl! Hugs and Kisses Miss Chelsea.. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Carey! Hey ther! If I wanted to send Chelsea something, what address should I use? Could you e-mail me? here's my e-mail address in case it has disapeared on you again. :) stavronis@mindspring.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Carey
Sounds like everything is going well. The boys didn't make it to the floor yesterday cuz Colby wasn't feeling well. Let us know if you need anything. We are saying prayers that Chelsea continues to do well.
Blessings - Amy

Amy Flege said...

keep up the good work chelsea and those slobbery kisses!!!!
love ya!