Chelsea didn't get to sleep until 11:00 last night. All day and all night her tubes were twisted and it continued beeping all morning. Finally as we were looking at how to tape it down so it wouldn't twist, I noticed there were small little cuts in her line and it's from the twisting. It's not leaking, but we'll have to watch it closely. We may have to have them repair the line, or if it gets a lot worse, they'll have to replace her hickman. I doubt it will come to that, but we'll keep our eye on it.
She hasn't had anymore fevers since 3pm yesterday, so she'll be able to come play after he nap!!! I'll be glad to get out. Unfortunately we'll have to wait to see Logan and Ryan until tomorrow. Logan woke up with pink eye, so he has to be on his eye drops for 24 hours. On top of that, there's an awful snow storm in the making right now. It looks like everyone will have to stay put for a while. I can't wait to see them!
They did labs this morning: everythings starting to drop!
ANC - 970
WBC - 1.37
HGB - 10.6
Plts - 299,000
Hello world!
3 years ago
8 comments:
Hi Carey
I enjoyed our visit last night. Please let me know if we can bring you anything.
Blessings - Amy
esu_grad@yahoo.com
Hey there Carey! I had the smae problem with Will's two lines, Don't tape them together, the twisting will still occur (know from experience) you need to straighten it out and evry four inches, put tape on one tube have that peice of tape touch and then go around the other tube so that the tubes aren't touching but are taped together, does this make sense? It worked perfectly for me (Will was always hooked up for atleast four days straight, sometimes a whole week or so). Oh and if it gets to the point that they say the line needs replaced, tell them to try to do a repair first!!! Will had two repairs done successfully! This of course will avoid unnecsessary surgery.
Hope this helps, if it's not clear, call me!
Glad to hear the fevers have gone! Hope Logan feels better too.
Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!
darn on logans pink eye!! at least its only pink eye!! hope you get some sleep tonite!! thinking of you all the time. we got that same snow storm you guys got... nasty!!!
Just stopping by to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas.
Rebecca, H, C, and Miss E.
Finally back home and checking in on you. Doggone if it isn't one thing it is another. I hope she is staying fever free so you can get out.
Love to you all!
Hey guys! Just catching up again. Chelsea looks SO cute bald! She needs a "bald chicks rock" shirt! http://www.cafepress.com/t21club/3501602 . Be ready for the DARK hair to come back in... Kennedy's is tripping me out! LOL Congrats on the remission! That's fabulous!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Love,
The Garcia Family
Frank, Renee,
Kassidy, Kameron,
Kennedy & Keeghan
http://www.myspecialks.blogspot.com
http://www.carepages.com site name: KennedyGarcia
I hope you are all doing well. I'll be thinking of you today. I can only imagine how tough it is to be in the hospital at this time of year.
I hope you and your family are blessed with a Merry Christmas and a Joyful New Year!
Post a Comment