Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bald IS Beautiful!

Last night was an exciting night and I've got lots of pictures to share. Enjoy!

Chelsea's BUZZ





Chelsea went first. Afterwards, Logan went running into his room screaming. He hid under his train table crying and wouldn't come out. He said he was scared of sissy! Finally once we started on Uncle Rene he came out and was making dirty faces at her. He really didn't know what to think of her head. Notice from the pictures though, she could care less!

Uncle Rene getting a new do'



Logan and cousin Aaron... They were egging each other on. I think the only reason Logan did it was b/c Aaron wanted to!





He wasn't so sure about it once he was done!


Here he is looking in the mirror for the first time. He was screaming and crying. He was completely hysterical. Poor kid! Last night he was asking when he had to go to school again, and I told him Monday. He said, "will my hair grow back by then?"


Grandpa Eric getting a cut...a preview of him in 20 years!


Aunt Jenny with our princess...


Oh great! Who gave Aunt Laura the clippers?


Daddy in piggies!


Now check out other pix of my beautiful baldies!!!!










Aunt Laura turned 19 on Friday and we didn't have a lot of time to celebrate her birthday since she's on her way to Spain right now (boo-hoo). We put 19 candles on the cake and sang to her. She'll never forget this birthday cake!


Thank you soooo much to everyone who participated! It really means a lot to us and to Chelsea as well.

We tried to get pictures of everyone there, but I missed a few. Thanks to the behind the scenes photographers: Grandma Barb, Grandma Carolyn and Lizzy!

Here's some pictues of our bald friends from out of town!!! (more coming soon!)

Sam


Jason


Ayan


Dayton
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

17 comments:

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Bald is beautiful at your house!! What a handsome bunch of heads. Abby says Logan looks cool! Hope he is getting a little more used to the new do.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

I am so glad the party was such a success. As soon as I told Jason he went in and shaved his head. I will email you a pic. Your bald family is B-E-A-U-tiful!!! And I am so proud of Logan was a terrific big brother:)
Love and prayers!

Michelle said...

Bald Is Beautiful!! Yes, indeed. What a great party. Carey - thanks for continuing to share your journey with us. Chelsea is adorable as always and Logan is a great big brother - and Daddy is wonderful too! Love it!!

Esther said...

Awww, poor Logan! But what a nice big brother! Please tell him from the Mom of three boys who have had their hair really, really short lots of times that it will grow back fast.

Thank you for keeping your fellow bloggers in the loop. I appreciate being able to follow how Chelsea is doing. She has a beautiful little bald head, btw. :)

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Chelsea looks absolutely beautiful. What a sweetie!!! It was really sweet of Logan to go ahead and get in on the action for his sissy. What a great big brother she has. It did make me giggle to read his comment about Monday. Too cute. I think you had such a wonderful idea to throw the "Bald is Beautiful" party...everyone was so sweet for doing this with Chelsea. Take care and I continue to pray for your family. Amy

Megan said...

Chelsea looks beautiful. I am glad your party was such a success. Take care and we are praying for you.

SunflowerStories said...

Love the bald is beautiful party! Poor Logan! I hope he is feeling better about the idea now. I love that photo of L & C together, they are great siblings.

Niksmom said...

Wow, what an awesome way to do it! Um, did *you* do it, too? Thinking of you guys and keeping you in our prayers. We spent Nik's first Christmas in the hospital...it wasn't *too* bad (well, except he was still int he NICU). At least you won't be 3000 miles from your family.

Sending you love and blessings.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

She looks beautiful!! What wonderful support she's received with all those bald heads - how brave Logan is.

Anonymous said...

GEORGEOUS! Now when she comes back to the hospital she will blend right in. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas at home. Hopefully! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the party was a hit! Chelsea looks so beautiful. Is it possible that she got even cuter? :o)

Cynthia said...

Aww She is adorable!! Bald is Beautiful! Need to find her some cute hats.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Chelsea is cute as ever, with or without hair. Is that a hanna dress I see her wearing? Too cute!

Once I buzzed Brennen's head by accident while I was giving him a hair cut. I just cut it too short and had to finish all the way. He was hysterical as well. He also said, "it better grow back by Monday when I have to go back to school!" Logans story just reminded me of that.

I hope Logan is feeling better now. Give Chelsea a hug for me.

Jen Shipp

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

That is great! I had to laugh about Logan crying in the mirror afterwards.

Lisa said...

You know your girl is as beautiful as ever and I love all the pictures of Ryan and Logan too. Hope school went okay for him today ;)

I'm so glad Miss Chelsea's counts are going back up, I sure wish we lived closer so Cori and I could come entertain your kiddos tonight. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Lisa, Jim, Jamie and Cori

Anonymous said...

Awww-she's still adorable!! and you are a wonderful mom!! and she has a wonderful family who has wonderful friends!!

I had an experience like this before, but it wasn't so positive, so it's nice to see you having a "head shaving party!" What an awesomely wonderful idea you've created/shared for babies, children, and people who are undergoing chemotherapy!!!

Praying for you,
amanda
myrtle beach, sc

Angel The Alien said...

Aw, what a cute little bunch of baldies! Chelsea looks like she was enoying getting her buzz cut, with that big smile on her face! Both she and Logan are definitely both as gorgeous as ever!