Thursday, November 29, 2007

Patiently Waiting

Well, the doctors on rounds this morning said not today...or tomorrow. I asked if this weekend looked good, and he said he hopes so...but don't hold your breathe! Ugh, we're just lingering here, waiting and waiting. But I know it's for her own good. Obviously it's too risky to send her home now and we want her to be safe, so we're just hanging in. She fell asleep in her high chair at lunch today, it was sooo stinkin cute! She still had a cheeto in hand too. They are her new favorite food group, cheetos!

We're working on getting things together so that my mom can draw labs while we're at home. The discharge nurse is pretty intent on just using a home health service, but I'd prefer we do it ourselves as Grandma has a vested interest in this little one and I know she'll do it right, won't call in sick etc. So...I went ahead and called the hospital in our town and got it worked out. It took a whopping 5 minutes on the phone!!! Can you believe it? I think it's just "different" as most families don't do it like this, but you know what, change is good. How boring would our jobs be if we didn't step out on a limb every once in a while and take on a new challenge. Shoot all it took was a phone call! Okay, I'll hush now before I get myself in trouble. Hope to be posting my next update from home! (Ryan's on weekend duty while I go home to get some rest and recouperate from this cough!)

7 comments:

Amy Flege said...

hoping you are all home soon and that you get better carey.. dont do what i did and end up with pneumonia!! just make sure you take care of yourself too!
hugs from iowa!

Rachel said...

Chelsea is such a pretty little girl. I will be praying for her and for your family. I will add that button to my blog.

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Aaagghhh...the cheeto group! I love that one. Any food that turns your fingers orange is okay in my book.

Talked to Ryan and got it all figured out for tomorrow so don't worry about a thing. Get some rest and take care of that cold!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I hoping that everything will be okay so that you all can go home this weekend.

How great that Grandma will be drawing the labs. It's not hard to do. Grandma just needs to watch a few times, and then instructed as she has a hands on experience. She'll be a pro before long. Let's hear it for Grandma!!

Get better soon Chelsea!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

and you too mama!

Michelle said...

Yeah for Grandma! Sounds like Mom and Grandma have it all under control. Praying we get a post from home over the weekend. Carey - get some rest and feel better soon.

Kisses to Chelsea from Matthew

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Playing catch up again! Sounds like Chels has had a really rough admission this time, I'm so sorry! I'm glad the lint roller is helping with the hair, I couldn't let them shave Kennedy's either. I'm glad Chelsea is not upset about losing it!
Monocytes are baby neutrophils. They come up first so once the doctors see that number rising they know the neutrophils are not far behind.
That is so strange about the RMH. What did they have to say when Ryan talked to them? I would have been so upset too if someone thought I was being rude!
I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! :o) I hope Logan's cough is MUCH better by now.
Hang in there, I know it's hard, but the journey is almost over. You're doing just fabulous!
Even though I had to catch up we pray for you and Chelsea every single day! I'll be better about checking in more often, promise!!

Renee & Kennedy
www.carepages.com
site name: KennedyGarcia