Friday, November 23, 2007

Looking Up

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. A family who had a son on the oncology floor brought a huge dinner for us. I've never seen so much food! We're still eating left overs today. After not eating for two days, Chelsea couldn't hold out on us anymore! She ate a huge Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, that was what made our meal so special. She seems to be on the mend, each day is getting a little better, but she still wears out easily. She didn't sleep well at all last night. The nurses have to come in quite often to give her IV antibiotics, and she seems to wake up very easily lately. I think she's getting very used to sleeping with mommy too. You can imagine how fun that is. We're curled up on the little sofa bed and she has to be next to the wall so she won't fall out. Now picture the cords of fluids and antibiotics that are ran on top of me and connected to the pole at our bedside. Everytime I move I'm afraid I'm going to pull on it and hurt her. It makes for a long night for me, and I spend a lot of time awake just watching her, it's all worth it watching her sleep. She's so perfect, so fragile and precious. There aren't words to describe how beautiful she is. We have no news on when we'll go home. They're still working on finding the antibiotic her infection is sensitive to. They drew labs last night and she has no mono's today. So we're still sitting at ZERO waiting for her numbers to rise. Her platelets were down to 23, so we'll likely need a transfusion tomorrow or Sunday. Tonight Logan, Ryan and I are going to watch the big Christmas Tree Lighting at Crown Center. I think Santa will even be there! Sweet dreams, send some sleeping vibes my way tonight!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Carey, we are keeping Chelsea in our thoughts and prayers daily.

Here's hoping you had a nice time with Santa, and that you get some sleep tonight. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Sweet dreams sweet Chelsea! Many hugs and smooches from me and Brant!

Pam said...

Hope your are sleeping right now! We are keeping Chelsea in our thoughts and prayers.

You know that Rhett will be joining in for the head shaving party when it comes around!!

He would do anything for his little baby doll.

Loves to you guys,
Pam and Rhett

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I hope you all are sleeping as I post this comment. I hope those monos start popping up.

Kitty, Nathanael's Mom said...

Oh I am so happy to hear you all got such a wonderful meal and that dear Chelsea was able to feast! I will continue to pray for her numbers to get on up there and that you get to go home soon. Hugs to you all!

Angel The Alien said...

So glad Chelsea and the rest of you got to enjoy a big Thanksgiving Dinner!

Michelle said...

Happy to hear you enjoyed a nice meal and Chelsea ate well! That's great. Keeping all in our prayers every day.

Sleeping vibes from us.

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Now that's our girl.....eating like a baby pig! We love to hear that news. I hope you all are getting some good rest. It is probably so tempting to lay there and watch her as she sleeps. I think that is when you really can see angels on earth. Nothing is more beautiful than a sleeping baby.

We are heading home Monday. I will try to call then as I left the number at home.

Talk to you soon! More prayers are headed your way.