I apologize I haven't been able to get to a computer lately. The parent room computer seems to be the hot spot here on 4 Henson this week. We've been doing daily labs as they were expecting Chelsea to go home tomorrow, but now it looks like Friday or Saturday...if she goes in the right direction. Her labs from today
ANC - 10
Mono - 0 (down from 4)
So...apparently even though we have an ANC they can't release us b/c her mono's went down. I really don't know what we're waiting for since they let us go with an ANC of 19 last time, I just hope whatever they do, it's SOON!!!
I have come up with Logan's cough the past couple of days, it came on really fast and I feel pretty bad tonight. I've been wearing a mask all day when Chelsea is awake for the past two days and they're especially hard to breathe in when you're sick. I called Ryan today in hopes he would want to take off work and let me come home, but he said he couldn't, it's just not a good time at work. I really try not to complain a lot, but I have to be honest, it's getting really hard being here. I'm so sick and it's just miserable being away from home. My mom came up and stayed with Chelsea last night so I could get home, but I had to turn around and come back up this morning.
Chelsea had a busy day. Because she's losing so much hair we had a barber who volunteers come up and chop her hair off. It's a short little bob. It looks really cute. It's just so extremely thin and it's still falling out. The good thing is that it falls out pretty evenly, not in big patches like most of the kids complain of. I'm wondering if we won't be able to hold of on shaving until after the next round. I told her it's not a good time of year to be bald, but she just laughs and pulls out another chunk of hair. She really thinks it's funny to get a handful!
The physical therapist came up to fit her for a helmet this morning. She looks so adorable in it! Most of the nurses haven't seen the pink helmets, b/c usually girls don't need helmets, it's just the boys who are wild or the hemophiliacs (who are boys). She really adds a level of cuteness to the helmet. Suprisingly she doesn't mind it, she just goes on with her business. Apparently I need to leave it on her when she sleeps. She insisted on laying in my bed for her nap today and I had to get up and use the bathroom, so I snuggled her up with blankets and pillows. Sure enough as soon as I got into the bathroom she woke up and I heard a big thump and a scream. She had crawled over the pillows and plumeted to the ground. I was only in the bathroom for ten seconds. I hurried out so fast I barely got my pants up! She cried for a few minutes and the nurses checked her out. Thankfully her platelets were in a safe range, so there were no worries. She's doing fine now.
I hope to post again soon!
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
Hi Carey - I would love to see a picture of Chelsea in her new helmet. I bet she is so adorable wearing it through the halls. Sorry to hear you are sick. I can't imagine the terrible feeling of being sick while away from home. Sending you get well wishes!! Hopefully you will be home in the next few days.
Hugs!
Carey,
I can't wait to see her with her new haircut. I bet she is beautiful! If you don't get out in the next couple of days call me. I will come up and stay with her so you can go rest if you want me too.
Let me know!
Chan
Hi Carey,
I am so sorry you are getting cabin fever! I can't even imagine what it must be like. My thoughts and prayers are with you every day. Ditto what Chandra said. Call us if you need a break. That is what friends are for!
Kristine
O.k, I had to giggle at you running out with your pants down. How many times I've done that!
I can't wait to see pics of her; she probably looks so stinkin' cute!
I've been thinking about you stuck in there...wish there was something I could do!!
Melissa (and Bill, and the rest)
Oh how scary that must've been with her falling out of bed.
I was wondering if she was still hanging on to all her hair. I thought that with that mega dose last round that it might make a difference.
I hope you all will be able to avoid being in the hospital during Christmas.
Post a Comment