Saturday, October 06, 2007

Our Story

I love taking pictures as I think they are such a powerful tool to telling any story. So for our new readers and old here's our story told in pictures.


One of her favorite things to do, especially when she's too pooped to walk.



LOGAN!!! She was so excited the first time he came to visit. She held onto him tight and had lots of kisses for her big brother.



Shortly after surgery. No more poking, all fluids and medicines will be given through the brand new Hickman.



Here it is. They can even take blood in the middle of the night and I don't even wake up!



Chemotherapy



Mommy and Daddy were so scared just before my first chemo treatment. It was an extremely emotional night. The picture tells it all.



And as for today, her ANC is 120. Her platelets were 20,000 so they gave her a platelet transfusion. They normally don't transfuse until 10,000, but since Chelsea is so "active" her orders say to transfuse at 20,000. My child, too active hmmmmm. I'd say that's a good call. We don't want any extra bruising or bleeding. Other than that she's doing well and keeping Daddy on his toes today! Mommy's keeping her distance trying to kick this cold without passing it on to my baby.

15 comments:

Amy Flege said...

that smile of hers melts my heart carey!!!!!! i love that girl!!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Great pictures! :o) Praying that's the ONLY Hickman she'll need throughout her treatment.
Keep on keeping on!!
Renee & Kennedy

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. She is such a doll, she makes my heart melt. I am keeping you in my prayers. I know we have never met but through Micah, I am following your story. Take care and know you have lots of people praying for you little Chelsea!

Christy Havard

Anonymous said...

I love to document stories in photos.

Anonymous said...

Like Amy said, Chelsea's smile melts my heart! Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Niksmom said...

Moving pictures, especially the one of the three of you. Hope you are feeling better soon...like NOW! Also hope Logan's MRSA clears up quickly!

Anonymous said...

She just keeps getting cuter doesn't she. I am so glad that she has felt so well through this. Now if we can just get the rest of you better!!!

Praying for you guys!

Mayte said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have been following your blog for over a month because of our little ones same age and me and my whole family is praying for Chelsea. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

Awww..I love the love you can see between a brother and sister...precious..thanks for sharing the journey.

Continued prayers and positive thoughts.

Aimee said...

Chelsea is just too precious for words!! She is absolutely adorable! You and your husband seem to be so strong through this whole ordeal. You and your family will be in my prayers!!

Michelle said...

Yes, pictures do tell a story and I love seeing pictures of Chelsea!

Sending lots of love!

Michelle - Matthew's mom

Unknown said...

Carey, while it is such a hard story, you did an amazing job showing it through pictures. Your sweet little girl is being held close to our hearts and in all of our prayers.

Thinking of you all.

All of our love and support.

Tara Marie & Emma Sage T21Online

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family Carey! Always in our prayers...

Hammer Time News! said...

she is soooo cute!!!

Stacy said...

YOu have a beautiful little girl and have told her story well through your pictures. My heart and prayers go out to your family. So much for someone so little to go through. ((hugs))