Chelsea giving her trade-mark kisses to big brother while playing outside this weekend.
Yesterday we were supposed to have a home health nurse come at 9am. They called at 9:15 to say they didn't have the paperwork done and wouldn't be there at 9...um...okay. Finally at 12:30 I called and asked if they were coming or not, because Chelsea's doctor ordered labs for today and we needed to get them done. They said probably not, so we headed to the hospital to draw labs. She kept her little mask on from the car and into the hospital...it's novel to her in the beginning and we clap and cheer her on, but it doesn't take long for her to get sick of it! On the way out I always have to hold it onto her face b/c she's not having it anymore.
The results are in...
ANC 874!!!! Yep, that's up from just 23 last Thursday!!!
Platelets 300,000
Hemoglobin 8.5
What does that mean? Well, we don't need any transfusions...whew...and she's no longer considered neutropenic and can go into public again! The nurse actually said we could take her anywhere, but I think we'll still keep her away from WalMart, doctors offices and schools...there's just no need to expose her! So we celebrated today by going to the park for a picnic with Dad! When he gets home we're going to head out to the pumpkin patch...I promised Logan we would go when Chelsea was healthy enough. We've got to cram in as much as we can in this week that we're home and more specifically in these few days that she's feeling better.
We also found out today that Logan was accepted into Grandma Carolyn's preschool and can start Thursday. He's going to go for a little preview tomorrow and go on a field trip with his new class. He will be a peer model in a special needs classroom in the morning and he will be in Grandma's class in the afternoon. I think this will be great for him and will give him the stability he needs right now. I'll admit though I'll miss my baby. In the future when we're home for a week at a time I'll probably keep him home with me so we can have some "mommy time".
And Grandma Nora, we loved your cupcakes...but the squirrel loved them even more!!!
We were "saving" them for after we played for a while, and when we returned to the picnic table we noticed they were kind of opened up out of the foil...then Ryan spotted the culprit!
Hello world!
3 years ago
17 comments:
What great news...Yipee!!! It looks like the kids had a great time at the park. So glad that Chelsea is out and about. I hope Logan has fun at his new school, sounds like it will be great for him. Take care and keep enjoying the fun time together!!!
Hugs to all!!!
Wonderful news! I'm so glad to hear that Chelsea is doing so well!!
Hip Hip Hooray! I'm so excited about her numbers and hope you enjoy the outings. Pumpkin patches are lots of fun.
We continue to pray for Chelsea and the whole family. She is doing so well.
It is so good to hear that Chelsea is doing good. I think that the cupcake theif is hilarious. They must have been some amazing cupcakes. I bet that Logan will do excellent in his new class, but I don't blame you for having mommy time when you are home. It will be good for the both of you. Take care and enjoy. Praying for you always, Amy
I am so glad you got to get out. Chelsea looks soo good!!! I am sure she was ready to run and play.
Hooray hooray!!! Freedom, lol!!
I just had to tell you that I love the pic of Chelsea giving kisses to Logan...because Carter gives kisses the exact same way! Gotta love it!!
Will be praying that those stinkin labs stay good!
that first picture makes my heart melt.......
i am soo thankful to God that Chelsea is doing so well. Our prayers are being answered. Hug that sweet girl for me!
It is amazing to see the kids playing and looking so happy. We are still praying all of the time you all of you all. Seems like everyone's prayers are being answered.
good luck this weekend!
That is fantastic news and such beautiful pictures!
That is the best news!!!
And she looks like she is enjoying her time outside!
I hope Logan does well in his new school and what a cool thing for him to be a peer model, I love the way that is put and gives so much to the title and it should. WTG LOGAN!
Hugs to you all and enjoy your time at home and have some fun...
Thanks so much for the great pictures!! They make me smile. Glad you got good labs so you could all get out and enjoy outside time together. Chelsea looks great - what a trooper!!
You're all still in my prayers.
What a wonderful and uplifting post! The pictures of the kids are beautiful! That is so awesome about the lab report. Yay!
Oh it does a heart good to see Chelsea enjoying the outdoors and of course her brother! I'm so happy her numbers are better. Such a strong, resilient angel pie!
That is so awesome! And those pics are priceless. She is one tough cookie!
So glad Chelsea is doing so well. I am glad you haf a great time at the park. The pictures are great. Logan will wake a great peer model at school. My 2 older ones are peer models in sports. They love it and do a good job.Thanks for sharing. Carol&Abigail
Awesome news! I have been praying, but not beeping because it was mostly late at night and didn't want the beeper to wake anyone. I am so happy to hear this good news! Also, great news about the preschool and the park.
Love the new pics!!! It is sooo good to see Chelsea outside running and playing. Still praying
Megan
Post a Comment