There was a precious little girl on Home Makeover tonight with cancer. She just touched my heart when she said, "I really like to pray, it makes me feel good." That just reminded me to thank you all for your prayers, and I also want you to know their working!!!
We've decided that Chelsea's chemo is definitely working. She's more ornery than ever. Everyone knew her as a happy, spunky little toddler before she came into the hospital. She impressed her therapist with her strength and started walking right on time, she's always just exceeded our expectations. It's becoming clear that was only the tip of what she can do. Since her first chemo treatment, she's full of life. She looks and acts nothing like a sick child. It's as if the cancer was holding her back (if you can believe it!) We knew that the chemo was working because her labs showed her blasts were zero last week, but the past few days, she's been exceptionally active. She walks, okay, runs though the halls, jabbering and screaming. If the nurses don't notice her right away, she walks right up to them and stops, waving (both hands) until she gets a response. The bigger the ooohs and awwws are, the better, she just beams when they talk to her.
She's also showing her daredevil side. She's up and down the chairs in the playroom, in fact she fell off of one this morning and broke her lip open. The doctor said when her platelets are low she may need to wear a helmet around here...because she's very "active". Active, .... really?!!! Do you think? I was just telling her nurse, I'll take it though, this sure beats, nausea, lethargy, and vomiting! Also, the little car she loved riding in so much at the beginning of her stay, well now she prefers to hop out of it...while it's moving! She only rides for a couple of feet, then she thinks it's funny to throw her legs up and over and hop out while we're zooming through the halls!
That's really all of the update I have for her today. We've still got a head of hair, in fact each time I comb it I expect to see something falling out, but I don't think she's lost a single hair yet. I hear that Logan's knee is much better today but I of course haven't been able to see him. I'm looking forward to spending ALL of next weekend with him. I can't wait to snuggle up with him ~ he definitely gets to sleep with mommy when we stay at the Ronald McDonald house! I don't think it's possible to spoil him too much at a time like this, spoiling him helps me feel better too.
Hello world!
3 years ago
10 comments:
now, thats the chelsea I know!! haha
lil stinker!!!! I am so glad she is feeling ok!!!!!
glad to hear logans knee is better too. How are YOU feeling????
hugs!!!
Carey- I just love reading your blog! You paint such vivid pictures with your writing! I can just see Chelsea riding down that hall!! What a fabulous picture! I'm so glad she is weathering all this well right now! Can't wait to see you both! Leah
So happy to hear Chelsea is so full of energy! I am hoping to see you tomorrow, but I do have a full day. I will call first though, if you can think of anything you'd like let me know. Also I have a few goodies for you! Can't wait to see you guys!
Love and hugs to all!
That's our girl! I hope she keeps on tearing up those halls. Now all we have to worry about is whether you can keep up or not, right?!!!
We may have to all chip in and get mommy some new running shoes.
Love to you all! I will drop off supper in the morning at the house. Enjoy!
I am so glad to see that Chelsea is doing better. She's too spunky to let a little chemo keep her down. Still praying for you everyday!!!
Megan
We have been away all weekend and I couldn't wait to come back and read the updates. Sounds like Chelsea is bringing smiles to all there just like she does to us!
I've had a few things for Chelsea and Logan that I will try to mail tomorrow.
Big hugs!
Michelle
Glad she is doing so good. Glad that Logan's knee is better.
Abigail's mom Carol
I'm so glad to hear that Chelsea is feeling so good! Thanks for the update!
I'm glad to hear she is still so spunky! I am thinking of you & checking in often!
Awesome to hear that Chelsea is so energetic! Like you said, definitely better than a sick baby! And about Logan ~ Spoil him! He's probably having a rough time through all of this too, so it doesn't hurt to spoil him a bit! ;) Take care!
Post a Comment