So the wait is over...Chelsea's costume this year, a nurse! And the colors, green and orange, for leukemia awareness. This was my first home-made costume, not too bad!
Here she is after the Halloween party Sunday and trick or treating at all the grandparents houses.
And here she is tonight. Notice anything different?
Yep! Mama got her hair cut ... this was her first real hair cut! She wasn't thrilled about the cape, so we just took off her shirt. She wasn't thrilled about holding still either, so I was pulling out all the tricks. She ended up playing with the cell phone of the gal cutting her hair. What a woman...always on the phone!
Here are a couple "BEFORE" pix:
and "AFTER" pic trick or treating tonight:
We had a lot of fun trick or treating this year. It only took one or two houses before Chelsea had the whole thing figured out. She was eager to follow Logan up to the houses, knocking, ringing door bells, grabbing handfuls of candy and dropping them into her bag, and helping herself into peoples homes (yes really, I had to chase her into one man's kitchen, I think she was cold and was ready to call it a night.) After about 6 houses she chewed through one of the candy wrappers and realized there was chocolate inside, then decided to change her strategy. She then began to take just one piece of candy, turn around and run in the opposite direction. She was not wanting to drop the candy into her bag, she wanted to take it and eat it! She became really serious about it, she was afraid when she put her candy in the bag it disappeared forever!
Logan was equally mischievous tonight. In fact he taught Chelsea early on it was much more efficient to grab a handful of candy instead of just choosing one, and when people replied, "it's okay, take more" he REALLY took more! Of course everyone on the block was trying to get rid of their candy because we're one of only two families on the street with kids under 35, and the other family with kids went trick or treating somewhere else. The last house we stopped at there was a man dressed up in a creepy costume, face painted and all. Logan didn't take his eyes off of him. He stood there waiting for candy, but his eyes were wide and he couldn't believe that there was a grown up in a costume. When we left he said, "he was a nice stranger ... right mom?" Once I reassured him that it was a nice man, he decided he wanted to tell everyone at school about the nice monster he saw.
I worked all day with Chelsea trying to teach her to say 'trick or treat', I got nothing, so we tried, 'tick teat', still nothing, so finally I tried, 'tttttt' and she could say that beautifully! Hey, you've got to start somewhere!
Spider man is giving his best pose for the camera, and Chelsea is thinking ... uh?
Hello world!
3 years ago
12 comments:
I am impressed that you got tttt out of Chelsea. Olivia just grabbed handfuls of candy and refused to say a word to anybody. We had another nurse stop by last night in her scrubs. The neighbor across the street is an OBGYN nurse and she made her little one scrubs. Chelsea's are a lot cuter though!!!
Kristine
You don't know my but I found your blog through Isabella and Gabi, I am a nurse in the PICU at children's and was one of Isabella's primary nurses, but I love reading your blog. Chelsea is a beautiful girl, and an incredible spirit, although I have never met her, it shines through in her pictures. She is absolutely adorable, and I love her nurse costume!!! Very cute. I just wanted to drop a note b/c I read your blog just about every day, and keep Chelsea and your family in my prayers.
That is the cutest nurse I have ever seen!!
That is the cutest nurse I have ever seen!!
You did a great job with that costume. It looks like something I wear to work- Crocs and all! Spiderman looks cool, too!
I love the touch of the crocs! And that spiderman pose is right on.
Now that's the cutest nurse I ever saw! And Spidey...very cool.
I had a feeling Mr. Logan would only be one character and I was right on...Perfect!
And Chelsea she is definitely the cutest nurse EVER!!! So good talking to you today. We miss you guys tons...can't wait till we can get together again!
Hugs to all!!!
Awesome costumes! I am glad they had so much fun trick-or-treating! Halloween was always my favorite day when I was a kid!
Wonderful photos. It looks like Halloween at your house was a hit.
Hugs from Miss E and her mama.
PERFECT costume for her! She's oh-so-adorable.
Oh my gosh , could they be any cuter? I love the nurse costume! I have a two year old and he is the last of 5 kids. He is the first one to EVER want to go in people's houses. In one house they had a cat that looked like ours and he refused to leave until he could pet it. I loved every embarrassing minute of it! I am glad you all had a nice Halloween.
Post a Comment