and of course anyone who wants to support a Dad. I know Ryan is so busy trying to keep everything together on the home front, so he doesn't read my blog much. So I'm coming right out to ask you...my readers, to do me a favor. He had a rough weekend. He missed Chelsea so badly last week and then when he was here, she had gotten so attached to me that she reached for me and away from him a few times. Those of you who know Ryan, know how much that hurts him. He struggled with that w/ Logan, but with Chelsea well, she's always been a Daddy's girl. She's never turned away from him. You can always count on Chelsea for a great big hug and a slobbery kiss, so he was really sad when she turned away. Anyone who has been through an illness and separated from their kiddos, or even anyone who just wants to offer support, can you email him? He doesn't get all of this "virtual" support b/c he's not one of my readers, but I think a little support might be good for him. Just a little note telling him what a great job he's doing, b/c he is! His email is straightlineks@aol.com I have to add ... he went home this afternoon and picked up Logan so they could make some Halloween decorations at the house. I can't wait to see them! He said they made a couple of ghosts and put my turkey pumpkin up...I'm sure it's creative! Last year they made a "dead" scarecrow with a bale of hay on top. There were just stuffed arms and legs sticking out from under the bale. It was sooo cute! I love my hubby!
Thanks everyone!
Chelsea's sound asleep right now...but I'm afraid she may have caught my cold. I wore a mask whenever I was in contact with her, but it's likely she already had it before I had symptoms. The plus side is I'm feeling much better and can care for and love on her now if she does get sick. Oh and did I mention how much I hate antibiotics??? Yikes, why didn't anyone tell me what they do to little one's stools?!!! It came out the sides of her diaper and landed on the floor of the public playroom tonight. I can't even imagine what the other kids were thinking when I scooped her up and carried her to her room leaving a "pile" on the floor! Ahhhh, "housekeeping!?"
Hello world!
3 years ago
3 comments:
I sent Ryan an email.
Those antibiotics can be rough.
I am glad you are feeling better.
I know our situations are completely different, but I'm hoping this might help. Since Joe is deployed I thought I would share some things we've done to help Kayla w/the separation from her daddy.
Put his picture on a pillowcase. Kayla absolutely loves her "daddy pillowcase" - she gives him a kiss each night and says "night night daddy"
If possible have Ryan read a couple of Chelsea's favorite books on either a tape recorder, if its available, or if you can on a video that you can upload to the laptop. Kayla loves to watch the video of Joe reading her some stories.
Joe also sends Kayla some short video clips just saying hi etc, she gets a kick out of those.
Can Ryan call every night when he's not there and talk to Chelsea on the phone, maybe hearing his voice will help.
Have other pictures of him around her room.
Maybe something will work for Chelsea to still feel that "connection" to her dad.
I'm a little worried about how Kayla will react around Joe after he's been gone for 4 months; hopefully she won't be too mad at him!
It is really tough being away from your other kiddos. You can't be in two places at once. I can remember wanting to go and see our girls at home sooo bad, and then when we got home we wanted sooo badly to go back to Mercy and see Isabella. One thing that we did was call every night before bed time. Praying for you all, Matt(Bella' Dad)
Post a Comment