Monday, August 27, 2007

Preschool

Well, I took Logan back to school today. I spoke to the director and while I wasn't completely satisfied with her response, I feel better that I brought everything to the table. I believe that she will talk to the teacher about her inappropriate phone conversation, although I doubt there will be reprimands. She said that Miss B and herself don't smoke but admitted Miss A does. She said never in front of the kids, she only does it at lunch behind the building. After I let her speak I made it obvious that I feel that noone should be able to smoke on school grounds at all, behind or in front of the building.

Her answers to the LONG free time were that they are trying to establish a routine, she kept going back to that...routine. What?!!! How are you establishing a routine if this isn't the actual routine for the school year. I just don't understand. I told her it would make sense to follow the routine they want to get in place for the rest of the year. There's no better time than the present! Once the children's attention spans grow they said their circle time will increase. She also told me that the school district thinks they are a great preschool and they are always complimented on how well prepared the kids are for Kindergarten. I don't know if this is true, so there was nothing I could say about that.

I will observe the Christian preshool in action Wed. morning and we will go from there. I'm really trying to give this school a chance, I don't want to pull him out too quickly. Hopefully we'll make a decision by Wednesday though, so check back!

No comments: