Finally, finally I'm learning her language...you see this is a huge milestone, I thought she'd never differentiate her signs or sounds! I've been working so hard with her to say mama and I really exaggerate the sound mama. Say it right now, mama...now say baba...do you notice how your lips look exactly the same? Well when she says baba, she really truly believes she's repeating me and saying mama. So, when I tell her to say mama, she puts her finger to her chin and says baba. When I tell her to say dada, she puts her finger to her ear (not sure why) and says dada! I know it doesn't take an Einstein to figure it out but Daddy was sure excited about this discovery when he got home tonight!
Hello world!
3 years ago
1 comment:
With Gabi I used to hold the mmmmm so it sounded like a hum and would say mmmmmmmammma. Then I would say B-B-B-B-Baba! Maybe that will help! Not sure what the sign is for Daddy but mybe it is similar to what she is doing? Gabi used to modify her signs. So, they weren't always exactly the correct sign but pretty close. When she wanted a drink she looked like she was choking herself.
Post a Comment