Monday, July 09, 2007

Well Chelsea is growing and changing so much these days I've hardly had a chance to update! She's so close to walking. She'll take one or two steps and then fall, but she's definately getting there. We started swimming lessons today and she loved the water. We played afterwards and she got really mad at me when we went into the part of the pool where she had to walk. It was just deep enough that her face would go in when she tried to crawl. Maybe I'm onto something?!

Her teeth are coming in beautifully. I'm a little biased though, I love them no matter how pointy they are! She's got 6 on top, the two front, two next to that and two molars. Then she's got 3 on the bottom, the two in fron and one lower left. I think there's a molar coming in on the bottom, we'll just have to wait and see. It took almost 3 weeks for her upper molars to come in and boy was she cranky. I feel so bad for her when she's going through that. It looks so painful to see those teeth halfway through.

We're now signing a lot and pointing. Many of the signs look alike, so it's really helping to have her point in conjunction with the sign. My new favorite sign??? Mommy...YES, MOMMY! Can you believe it? She sure won't spit out a mamamama, but she's signing mommy now, and she knows that it means ME! I'm seriously beaming here, it's so exciting. She uses about 15 signs. Like kids that are starting to talk, other people don't understand them all, but Daddy and I understand them. We use context to help out at times, if we're drining something, and she's bringing her hand to her mouth, it's likely she wants a drink. Her eat and drink look very similar so sometimes it's hard to tell. This past weekend she's stated signing drink followed by milk. It's all so exciting!

So now if we can just get her walking, hmmmm. Our first goal date was Easter, then I said 4th of July. Well I guess we'll shoot for the National Down syndrome Convention in August. Will she be walking by then? August 3 is the date. It may seem that I have high expectations for her, but I believe that's how children suceed is by our high expectations! Keep cheering her on!

1 comment:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I remember those days! Gabi's drink and eat were very similar, too. I hope she meets her new goal, and I am so jealous that you get to go to the convention! Have fun!