Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Trip to the ER?

Somehow, unbeknown to me, Logan has avoided the ER in his four years of life. I know the day is coming, and he scared me to death this afternoon. We were on a playdate at the zoo. His friends mommy was nursing their baby and I was helping Logan and his "girlfriend" on the monkey bars. I was holding on to dear Abby's legs as she muscled her way down the monkey bars and Logan waited patiently for his turn. Next thing I know I heard a crash and a scream. He was right behind me, but decided to try them himself...he slipped right away and fell straight down onto his tummy and face. Abby's mom said his arms hit first which protected his face, but it sure sounded bad! Not to mention the ground under the zoo playground is a surface similar to concrete. So Mr. Logan cried for 10 minutes straight and I was beginning to really worry. You'll never guess what we had to use to "ice" his owie...a homeade ice pack! Thank you Chandra for you bag of frozen mommy's milk! It was a life saver. Fortuneately Logan has seen lots of that and just took ahold of it and held it on his chin. He was hurt so bad he couldn't walk, so I pushed him in Chelsea's stroller. It took another 15 minutes or so before he finally snapped out of it and decided he could walk. I think his chin is still pretty sore though as he won't eat anything. He ate a couple bites of dinner, and then started sceaming while chewing his vitamin tonight. You can imagine how much fun I had while brushing his teeth tonight. Daddy told him if he doesn't let us brush his teeth we'll have to have the dr. brush them. So, I'm sure the boy won't starve himself, but if by chance his jaw and chin are still to sore to open or chew tomorrow we may have to visit the ped. I feel like that office is my second home these days....sigh. Here he is showing off his battle scars. There's a nice size split in his chin that should leave a pretty good scar. It didn't bleed much so we decided it probably didn't need stitches.



And just for fun, here's Logan showing Chels how to use this fancy lamp at Uncle Davy's house. It's one that turns on when you touch it. Can you see the excitement in her eyes?!!!

2 comments:

All 4 My Gals said...

Those lamps are the best toys aren't they?

I'm glad he wasn't hurt badly....and your brother's kids are adorable below. Praying for their best!

Amy Flege said...

oh ouch.. poor lil guy. i sure hope he feels better tomorrow!!